Chapter 28: Night of Tears.

I fell into more sobs in my brothers arms. I just wanted to be with them. 

"Sh." Ethan hushed me. 

"I'll kill them all. Every single one of them. I'm going to kill them all." I said in between sobs. But I had no more tears to shed. 

Ginny appeared, and she took Harry's hand and pulled him upward. I saw Ginny lead Harry blindly back to the crowd and into the castle. Incomprehensible voices battered me, sobs and shouts, and wails stabbed the night.

"Come on. We need to go to the Hospital Wing." Jacob suggested.  

"We can't leave him, Jacob." Ethan said. 

"McGonagall's orders." Jacob replied. "Everyone else is up there." 

Fear began to stir in my eyes. "Is there anyone else dead?" I asked. 

"No. Don't worry. Everyone's fine. Sort of. Bill got hit by Greyback, but he'll be okay." Jacob answered. "Though... he might have some side effects." 

"And Neville?" I asked. "Is my boyfriend safe? Is he alright?" 

"Neville and Flitwick are both hurt. But not on their death beds." Ethan answered. "You killed a lot of Death Eaters in rage, though." 

I didn't realize how many Death Eaters I killed. I was so blinded with rage. And I couldn't control myself. I never acted like that before in all of my life. But I wanted to kill Snape. They got in my way. All those Death Eaters deserve to die. They were animals. So I slaughtered them like animals! I hate them!

"Your friends were lucky for that Liquid Luck. They'd have been killed, but everything seemed to miss them. Like Stormtrooper fire." Jacob assured. 

I think he was just trying to say that to ge me smile. But I couldn't. 

We finally reached the Hospital Wing. Pushed open the doors, and I saw Neville lying, apparently asleep, in a bed near the door. Harry and Ginny already arrived. And on the far end of the ward, Hermione, Luna, Tonks, and Lupin were gathered around another bed. In the meantime, Chiara was healing Bill's face. 

"Neville!" I ran over to check on him.

"He's okay, Miss. Bauer." Madam Pomfrey assured.

Hermione ran over and hugged Harry. While I was over Neville's bed and gave him a kiss on his lips. "Please... I can't lose you too." 

And I felt a hug from Hermione as well. Followed by Lupin who had hugged Harry.

"Are you okay, Kassie?" Hermione asked.

I looked at Hermione and I didn't say a word. 

"Kassie?" Hermione asked again.

"No." I answered. "I'm not okay!" 

"Something's... happened." Ethan said.

"What thing?" Hermione asked. 

"Is Bill okay?" Harry asked changing the subject. 

Nobody answered. I looked over Hermione's shoulder and saw an unrecognizable face lying on Bill's pillow, so badly slashed and ripped that he looked grotesque. Chiara was dabbing at his wounds with some harsh smelling green ointment. 

"Can't you fix them with a charm or something?" Harry asked. 

"No charm's going to work on these." Chiara answered. "Believe me... I know. There's no cure for werewolf bites."

"But it's not a full moon." Ron said, who was gazing down into his brother's face as though he could force him to mend just by staring. "Greyback hadn't transformed, so surely Bill won't be- a real-?"