Chapter 14: Christmas with the Slugs.

(Kassandra P.O.V)

Snow now swirled against the icy window once more; a clear indication that Christmas was approaching fast. Hagrid had already single handedly delivered the usual 12 Christmas Trees for the Great Hall; garlands of holly and tinsel were twisted around the banisters of the stairs; everlasting candles glowed from inside the helmets of the suits of armor and great bunches of mistletoe were hung at intervals along the corridors. Large groups of girls took to converge underneath the mistletoe every time that Harry passed. 

The good news was thanks to being well versed with the Castle's hidden passages, Harry was able to navigate mistletoe-free routes between classes. Though I do have to admit that when groups of friends that passed under the mistletoes, this happened: They all looked at each other and shook hands and said things like: "I like you as a friend. You're a good person." 

Neville and I, on the other hand, both kissed under the mistletoes at multiple points. Half the time, I wondered if he was just letting us pass through the mistletoes on purpose. 

In the meantime... Harry told me earlier today, that when he went to go check on Hermione, she stormed off in tears. 

Nevertheless, Ron was happy and laughing again, which I honestly preferred over the moody and aggressive Ron we dealt with for the past few weeks. Even Ryan seemed to have found his smile again. That not even the Slug Club could destroy. 

He and Parvati were holding hands and Parvati found herself laughing. 

"So Emily's hair gets all spiked up and it stayed like that for 2 weeks!" Ryan told Parvati. 

And Parvati laughed. "Oh, that must've been torture for her." 

"It was. Emily didn't find it funny. I did though. And it kind of served her right after she left me on the streets of Cambridge when I was 6. I lost grip of Emily's hand, and I ended up sitting on a bench by myself, and stayed there for about 6 hours until Emily finally came to get me." Ryan said.  

"6 hours?" Parvati asked shocked. 

"Yeah... she kind of went shopping and completely forgot that I existed." Ryan answered. "And boy were Mom and Dad MAD at her." 

"Oh, hey, Kassie. Neville." Ryan greeted to me.

"Hello, Ryan. Parvati." Neville greeted. 

"Chare." I greeted. 

"Say... where did you and Parvati go off to last night, Ryan?" Neville asked. 

I noticed that Ryan's hair was a little messed up. And Parvati giggled a little as she smirked right at Ryan. 

"Celebrating." Ryan answered while grinning. 

"Anybody got some toast? I'm hungry." Parvati asked. 

"Uh... yeah... here." Neville gave a piece of toast to Parvati.

"Thanks." Parvati sat down and so did Ryan. 

Neville held my hand. And as I looked at Ryan and Parvati eyeing each other. And I knew what type of celebrating they did.

"You two made love, didn't you?" I asked quietly to them. 

"Yes." Ryan didn't even bother denying it. 

And Parvati just laughed altogether. "Well... I'll say that Ryan is as much of a lover as he is a fighter." And she kissed Ryan again.

"And besides. It was better than getting caught in the crossfire between Ron and Hermione. I think I need to take a break from that drama for a while." Ryan added.