024 | Acceptance and Planning

Start from the beginning

Roseanne's fingertips immediately reached out to the little white gate that was in front of her house. It's more of a guiding rail for her that her uncle made. 

A thought crosses his mind and he hops out of the truck after her.

Roseanne jumps a bit as she feels a rough but gentle touch on her upper arm but immediately relaxes as she smells that familiar smell of old spice. 

She smiles as he grabs her hand and starts to walk her to the door. 

"I want to do this again," Ace muttered, nervous that she'll say no.

"Text me the time and place, and I'm there." Ace smiles at her words. "Or you can just call me, I'm blind so I hate texting." They both laugh at her dark humor.

"I'll call you and if you don't answer. I'll call your brother to make sure you get my messages and stuff." Ace said, using the key Roseanne gave him to open and push the door open for her and let her walk in.

"Yeah, that sounds like a plan," Roseanne states, smiling at him going up and beyond with trying to help her.

He chuckles as she walks in front of him, lightly snatching her house keys from his hand.

The air around Ace's face and body freeze as he stares at Roseanne. Have you ever just met someone and immediately wanted to marry them? But you know all the factors of ya'll lives don't match. Ace wasn't supposed to get the girl at the end of the story. I wonder if Roseanne knew one of the main reasons why Ace didn't go to school, would she run away?

As Ace continues to stare at his rose he can't help but want to keep her forever. Would she be mad if she knew he was the reason her brother is in the hospital?

The cool air outside was flooding into the house in waves and it was making Roseanne look even more like an eternal goddess. The slight baby hairs that are falling out of the top of her bun going crazy and making his insides go delirious. 

At this very moment, Ace knew she could never find out about anything. 

Ace continues to gush over Roseanne as she just stands there and smiles awkwardly. 

The beautiful silence between them is swiftly broken as an older man walks around the corner and stands at the beginning of the doorway where Ace and Roseanne are standing.

"Y'all better not be letting no bugs in my house." Roseanne's Uncle Bernie said, walking behind Ace and closing the screen door. 

"Roseanne, sweetie, I love you. But you ain't too grown to get your behind beat. Next time tell me when you decide to go out. So I won't be up all night worrying that someone might have taken my baby." Uncle Bernie stated, being extremely dramatic as always.

Ace's hands start to sweat as he starts to feel guilty that maybe he is the reason Roseanne is being scolded at.

But he immediately calms down as he hears Roseanne's beautiful air-like giggles.

Uncle Bernie smiles at Roseanne as she laughs. She looks happier. 

Uncle Bernie can't help but immediately look away from his baby girl at this slim scared looking boy standing in his house. He almost wants to laugh at how scared he looks. The boy's hands fisted by his slides and his body tense.