008 | Lunch 'Date'

"It felt so natural." 

//

Roseanne's P.O.V 

* * * 

I'm sitting on the bed while Tiffany does my hair. Tiffany is always my go to girl when I am in need. 

"Okay, stinky butt. I'm all finished." Tiffany says, with a loud pop of her gum. 

Stinky butt. Really tiff?

"Turn so I can see the front." 

I turn my body towards Tiffany. She always tells me to make sure that I turn my head in all different angles, so she can make sure my hair-do looks good from every side. 

"All done. Oh my gosh, you look fantastic." Tiffany says, with a slight sniff. 

She's crying again. I feel like she crying almost every year over me. When I was in third grade and I went to a daddy's/daughter dance with my uncle. She cried. When I was in fifth grade and I was graduating middle school. She cried and almost fainted. When I was going into my fist year of high school she cried then. Now here she is crying again. 

Tiffany crying makes me want to cry. If I anyone cries my eyes tears up because I have such a big heart sometimes it's hard to handle. 

But Tiffany crying hits home for me every time because she rarely cries. Plus she's family to me. I don't like her crying over me but I know she just cares to much about me. 

"Please, Tiffany stop crying. You know how I get. Plus I don't want to go to lunch with Ace and have blood shot eyes." I say, with a strong tone in my voice. 

When I start crying my eyes turn bloodshot red and they get irritated. Which results in me rubbing them to dead. 

I don't want Ace to think I'm some kind of freak or something. 

"Yes, I know. I will pull myself together. You go and slip your shoes on, they are by the door, and lip gloss is on the side table near your cane. Have fun, my love. Remember the golden rule."

I smile in Tiffany's direction. She's literally an angel. 

F.Y.I  -- The Golden Rule is Heaven Sent.  Period. 

"Pick up on his energy as soon as he opens his mouth to say his first words. If his vibe is sour, he was left in the refrigerator for too long. If his vibe is sweet, he was picked off the vine at the right time." I tell Tiffany with a big smile. 

All metaphors people don't take it to serious. But I suggest all women use this golden rule. It's literally heaven sent. Thank me, later. 

I hear clapping after I recite the very words that Tiffany has glued into my brain. I laugh at her silliness. 

She said her mother would come up with the most amazing phrases, to say to her in different situations, that she just just had to past down the blessing. 

As I got older being blind started to become like a curse to me. I would come home crying every day because I couldn't see the cute boy at school that everyone would talk about. Or I could never do the monkey bars. It was always something with me. But with Tiffany's help, I got better with loving myself. 

Now here I am going to lunch with a guy I barely know. Who has a sweet little sister. Everyone at school and in my own home talks about him being such an unpredictable person. To put the icing on top of the cake, I have never even seen him.