39.

Harry.

"H?" I look up and take my wine glass from mum's hand before she sits on the couch beside me. "What is it, darling? You're quiet since you got here. Do you want to talk?"

"Nothing special, mum," I smile and move my glass, swirling the wine inside. "I just feel relaxed."

"That's not a relaxing type of silence, H," I turn my body to hers and see her taking a tiny sip of the wine. "I'm your mother, I know when you're relaxed and when you're thinking something." I chuckle and take a sip. "What is it?"

I sigh. "I don't know, I feel very weird." she frowns at my statement. "I feel like I miss something a little too much."

"Something or someone?" I playfully roll my eyes at her tiny smirk. "You miss her, don't you?"

"Yeah," I nod and looked down. My face is heating up even at the indirect mention of her. "I do. I can't stop thinking about her and it's exciting but also frustrating."

"Why is it frustrating?" I look at her taking a sip. "If you miss her just call her, you have the facility."

"I can't," I shake my head. "You know why. I'm supposed to hate her and also she's enjoying her holidays with her best friend, I don't want to disturb her."

"You can never hate her and she knows that," mum says. "And I think no matter how much she's enjoying her time with her family, I'm sure she expected you to call or even message her once, H."

I straighten up my posture, "Do you think so?" she nods with a smile. "So, should I call her now?"

I put the glass down on the table and was about to get up but mum stops me. "No, you idiot." I look at her. "It's 11 o'clock right now, she's probably sleeping."

"So, when I should call?" I scoot closer to her. "Should I call her tomorrow immediately after waking up? Or should I call her before lunch? Or in the evening?"

She laughs and shakes her head. "Calm down, darling." she looks at me. "When did you say she's coming back from the trip?"

"She said she'll be back in the flat on the 30th, so maybe she would have got home today." I slightly furrow my brows. "Why?"

"I was thinking," she places the glass down before smiling at me. "Why don't you bring her here? It gets lonely to celebrate new year's alone, but it would be great if she spends it with us."

I stay silent, trying to comprehend what she just said. "Do you...do you want to meet her? Do you want me to bring her home?"

"Yes, H," she chuckles. "Why is that surprising? I've always said I want to meet ever since you told me about her, I want to see how she looks now."

"She's beautiful!" I smile. "So should I pick her up tomorrow? And bring her for the new year's? Would you all behave, especially Gem?"

"Oh quit hating your sister," she playfully rolls her eyes. "She's a precious girl."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," I chuckle with a shake of my head. But I quickly scoot closer to her and hug her. "I love you, mum."

"I love you too, pup." I close my eyes when she kisses the top of my head. I hear her laugh when I slide down and eventually rest my head on her lap. "What's that?"

"We haven't done this in a long time," I smile with my arms folded on my chest. "Just you drinking your red wine, me sleeping in your lap, and the endless talks."

She laughs and leans forward to take her glass. "Gemma will be pissed if she sees you like this."

"Well, she's too sleepy," I chuckle softly. "Her loss."