6.

Luna.

It was a garage band.

With a CD player, medium-sized speakers, Joshua's multiple guitars hanging on the hooks of the wall, Sydney's shiny black 5-piece drum kit, a microphone, lots of CDs on the small corner shelf, and a little touch of massive posters of musicians on the walls. There was also a small couch just where the shutter closes, pushed back to the wall.

It was a complete mess but it was their personal, creative space.

I spent the rest of my afternoon at the garage with Sydney and Josh. Harry left right from the restaurant, said he wants to meet up with his girlfriend. As he was leaving, I notice he whispered something to Joshua, but Joshua seemed to be strong on his decision.

I've been observing Harry's behaviour today, he seemed pretty tense to me. He would sometimes zone out and get silent all of a sudden. But again, it was not my place to say anything. He's just my flatmate, I shouldn't be worried about why he gets quiet and why he doesn't talk to me.

I had a great time hanging out with Sydney and Joshua in the garage, genuinely, but I also got to know some things which I was hoping weren't true.

"Don't worry. He's just pissed because we're showing you the garage."

"But why? What have I done?"

"Nothing. Nobody did anything. He... thinks that by showing people he sings and plays here, and rather excellently, they will expect him to perform again."

"What?"

"You know what happened at the X-Factor two years ago right? You told me you used to watch that show..."

"Yeah, Sydney, I did watch it."

"So, that's the thing. Harry now refuses to play in front of anyone because of the nasty eviction he got in the semi-finals."

"You have no idea how much we had to convince him to sing in the garage."

"What exactly happened? Did he tell you anything else in detail?"

"I think... I don't think it's our place to tell you anything, Luna. He doesn't open up easily, so you might wanna wait until he says something to you himself."

The thoughts were rushing into my mind the whole bus ride back from Sydney's house to the flat. I tried to stop them when I was in the grocery store, picking out some things we might need at home, but it simply didn't work. Each time I try to focus on something else, my mind whirled back to Harry and the conversation in the afternoon with Josh and Syd.

With the heavy backpack full of books from the library and some minor groceries, I walk out of the lift on our floor. It was getting dark because of the cloudy weather, it was also chilly in the hallway because of the wind passing through.

I pull my sleeves down to my palms to keep myself a bit warm and softly hum along with the piano tune coming through my earphones. With my arms wrapped in front of me, I finally reached the door of the flat.

With a quick twist of the key, I slowly open the door. I remove my earphones, stuffing them in my pocket when the chilly gust of wind hits my face and goosebumps quickly arise on my body followed by a shiver.

"Holy shit..." I mumble to myself and lock the door, kicking off my shoes near it. "I swear, the storm's gonna be-"

I stop mid-track when I fully enter the living room and saw Harry lying with his upper body naked, only his jean shorts on, on the couch. I remove the bag from my shoulders, dropped it on the ground, and I walked in front of the couch.