09

"Did you just leave him alone hyung?" Ni-ki asked, his eyes widened.

"I-I feel bad. But if I would've been with him for even a bit more, I would've just fall for him more. I can't-"

"Why!?"

"BECAUSE HE ALREADY LIKES SOMEONE DAMMIT! And I know that's not me!"

"How do you know it's not you?"

Jungwon took a sigh.

"I used to like Jay. After he rejected me, I was sad. Then Jake hyung told me that he will find the perfect boyfriend for me. That's probably why he left me alone with you." The older replied.

"Hyung, how did you feel when Jake hyung said he likes someone else?" Ni-ki asked, carefully noticing the expressions stiffening on Jungwon's face.

"I felt something weird. I never felt something like that. I felt like someone was invisibly stabbing my heart. I felt like I couldn't breathe. It was worse than how I felt when Jay hyung rejected me."

"Maybe what you had on Jay hyung was a little crush. But this seems deeper. Jungwon hyung, I'm going to ask it again, do you like Jake hyung?" Ni-ki asked as he pushed his hair back, stressed.

"I- I think yes. But who cares? He already likes someone that isn't me. Maybe I'm the wrong one Ni-ki."

"If you aren't the right one, I don't know who else is. Jake hyung needs someone to care for him. He's independent but he's lonely. And who knows him better than you? Jake hyung doesn't even talk to many people. I think.." The younger male stopped speaking as he took some time to breathe.

"You think what?"

"Why don't you confess to Jake hyung? I know this won't be easy considering how you've been seeing Jake hyung as since years but if you really like him, you should confess. Maybe at the end, you two were just meant to be? Atleast you won't regret." Ni-ki looked at the older male as he held his hand.

"Should I? But if he doesn't like me then our friendship would be very awkward and I don't want him away from me.. I think I really like him Ni-ki. Maybe it's too soon to say it but I think I realized how much he matters to me." Jungwon looked at the ground and mumbled.

"Go for it hyung. I'm rooting for you both!" Ni-ki smiled as he patted Jungwon's shoulder.

Ni-ki got up and made way towards his home, leaving the older male thinking. Maybe Jake is the only right one for Jungwon. Maybe the older couldn't notice the love in his eyes. He rubbed his hands together to find a little warmth in his body, with a faint smile, he left the place.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The next day was a day off for the boys, the cafe had to be closed for a day. Jungwon woke up happily. He had this thoughts all cleared and now all he had to do was to give it a shot so that he won't regret.

Too busy to notice who was calling him, he just picked the phone up and as soon as he heard the voice from other side, his breath hitched and his heart started beating faster. He almost choked on the bread he was eating.

"Good morning, Won."

'Won.' Oh how much he loved that nickname.

"Morning hyung!! Did you sleep well."

"Yes I slept well. Oh, uh I was thinking that we should meet today, like um for coffee?" Jake from the other side replied, and ofcourse heat crept upto Jungwon's cheeks.

"Ah? Like a date?" The younger said and he was sure he heard a scream after some long 10 seconds on the other side of the phone.

"Uh well let's meet then. XXXXX CAFE. 4 PM."

Jake tried to calm his heart down as he panicked and ended the phone. What happened to Jungwon? Why's he suddenly like this?

-------------------------------------------------------------

3.59

4.00.

Jungwon's heartbeat started increasing.

'How am I supposed to do this- OH WTF HE LOOKS ETHEREAL'

His thoughts got interrupted as he locked eyes with the older whose presence, his smile, his kind eyes, made Jungwon weak.

"H-hi hyung." Jungwon hugged him.

"Hi Won, this shirt suits you. Let's sit?" Jake said.

He planned to confess to Jungwon today. Maybe he would soon date Ni-ki but the older couldn't just hold any longer. That's why he called him to meet. Maybe this would be the last time he'd hug him like this, but things were now out of hand.

It was a comfortable silence between the boys, who were unaware of each other's feelings. They couldn't notice the blushing faces of each other. Jake took a deep breath. He was finally ready to tell what he feels. If he's doing that, might as well do it properly.

"Hyung, I think I like someone." Jungwon suddenly said, making Jake choke on air. He started coughing as younger worriedly passed the glass of water towards the younger.

"Hyung? You okay?"

"Yes, YES I'M OKAY." Jake replied, panicked.

The heartbeats were fast. The breeze was pleasantly cold. No signs of rain. Just a blue sky, and faint voices of other people at the cafe.

"So you like someone?" Jake asked the younger who was now too shy to look him in the eye.

"Y--es"

That hurt Jake for some reason. Mentally, he aborted his mission confess-to-his-bestfriend. He didn't want the younger to feel burdened or guilty just because he has feelings for him. Maybe.... maybe he'll give up, maybe he'll move on. Jake gathered his courage to ask who the lucky boy was.

"Wow! Finally?? My Won finally likes someone! Heeseung hyung?" He asked looking straight in Jungwon's eyes.

The younger shook his head, indicating a no.

"Sunghoon?" He asked again.

"No."

Jake took another deep breath, not removing the eye contact.

"Ni-ki? Still Jay??"

"No, hyung." Jungwon replied with a dimpled smile, with redness creeping up his round cheeks.

"T-then who?"

Jake started mentally cursing himself for hoping something that isn't possible. But he was hoping. He knew he had no chance with the younger, with the guy he loves, but he still was hoping. Maybe he noticed Jake, maybe he saw the way Jake loves him, maybe he-

"You."

That's when Jake's eyes widened, his mouth agape, all he could see was a blushing Jungwon in front of him and all he could feel was the cool breeze. He could finally breathe.

"Fuck it, I LIKE YOU JAKE HYUNG. I LIKE YOU A LOT! I LIKE YOU WAY MORE THAN A BEST FRIEND CAN DO!!" Jungwon said in a breath as he gulped a whole glass of water.

"Y-you like me?" Jake asked, wishing he wakes up from this dream.

-------------------------------------------------------------
The next chapter will be the last one. It's super fluffy so yeah...

 It's super fluffy so yeah