04

"Hyung? HYUNG!" Jake snapped out of his thoughts as he heard Jungwon call his name.

"Ah? Yes?" He looked at the younger with an unplainable frown, himself confused.

"I was wondering you weren't responding, are you okay?" Jungwon asked.

"Yes I'm totally fine, just you know, a lot of work." Jake smiled sweetly as he replied.

He was not. Jake was confused. Did he like Jungwon? But he is his best friend. He had no plans to ruin the friendship. Jake needed to sort his feelings up.

Why did he feel bad when Jungwon was with Heeseung? Why did Jake just left Jungwon alone when he was with Sunghoon? He had questions, and the only thing that could answer them, was time.

His thoughts were interrupted as he saw Jay entering the cafe with his usual handsome face and cuteass smile. No he wasn't simping, but let's not lie anyone would've been fell for Jay.

"Hi guys, good evening." He said as his eyes twinkled.

"Hii Hyung." Jungwon replied with a smile. The youngest was glad there were no hard feelings him and Jay had towards each other.

"Do you guys need any help-" Jay asked until Jake cut him off.

"NO, Thankyou Jay."

Jake really liked Jay but he didn't want Jungwon to get hurt anymore, so he decided to keep Jay and Jungwon as away as he can until Jungwon finds someone.

The oldest smiled as he made way inside the cafe.

"So...what happened then?"

"Well...I just thought we weren't right for each other." Jungwon replies as he thought about what happened.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Sunghoon hyung, you are really one of the best people anyone could get in their life. I really appreciate that someone like you laid eyes on me and found me attractive. I really don't want to hurt you-"

"Calm down Jungwon, it's okay take your time speaking, okay?" The older said as he noticed the younger panicking, cold sweat visible on his face.

"Hyung.. I just don't feel like you would be able to give me the love I am looking for. Not like you're not caring, but you're busy. You hardly come to the hometown. And in the rare times when you want to relax, I don't want to be the burden to you, hyung. I cannot distract you from making our country proud over there on the ice rink."

Sunghoon looked frozen and puzzled. He realized how Jungwon was speaking truth.

"You are right... I don't know why I didn't think about your feelings-"

Sunghoon stopped as he felt the younger smiling at him.

"It's totally fine hyung. Do not panic it's nothing. Keep going!! Good luck for the next tour. Me and Jake hyung will be rooting for you." Jungwon replied as he cut the older off.

Sunghoon sighed. He was really lucky to meet Jungwon.

"You know, whoever would be your boyfriend would be so lucky, Jungwon." He said as he looked at the younger.

"No it's nothing I-" Jungwon stopped speaking as the older recieved a call.

"Alright, I'm on my way. Jungwon Iwould love to spend more time with you but I got called for practice." The older said with disappointed voice. He genuinely wanted to spend more time with Jungwon because he was the kindest person he had ever met.

"Hyung!"

Sunghoon halted his steps on the way and turned to the younger.

"I am so proud of you. Also, thankyou for liking me." Jungwon said and finally Sunghoon smiled, as he made way outside the cafe, leaving the younger boy sipping on his hot chocolate, alone.
-------------------------------------------------------------

"B-but then why were you smiling?" Jake asked as he widened his eyes. He really thought Jungwon would like Sunghoon back.

"I felt relieved. I was wondering what I would say to Sunghoon hyung but he's just so understanding."

"Exactly like what does Sunghoon even lacks? You know I really thought you'd like him."

"He lacks time hyung. And I don't want to be a hurdle between him and his career. Fame suits him. And he's doing really well." Jungwon said as he greeted another customer.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A week flew by. The boys decided to take everything slow. Jungwon with his date plans and Jake with his confused mind. Both were confused. Idiots didn't even know what was happening to them because love was new to them. And they both were curious about this feeling.

"Jake hyung!!! Come fast!" Jungwon excitedly said as the boys climbed onto the seats of roller coaster.

Jake sighed. He didn't like heights. He didn't liked swings. He didn't like amusement parks. It was too much chaos for him. But he didn't know why he couldn't deny when Jungwon asked him for a day out in the amusement park.

"Woah!!! WOAHHHH!! WAIT- WAI--" Jake screamed as he closed his eyes and felt the seats moving up. His heart was beating fast, yes he was scared.

Suddenly everything stopped. He felt a hand grabbing his. He looked sideways, the ethereal side profile of his best friend showing, he heard his giggles, he adored his dimples. Jungwon was just so cute. Everything went slow except Jake's heart. Poor thing was beating twice as fast. Jake felt this for the first time. Was he in love? Did he like Jungwon? But he was his best friend.

Jake snapped out of it when he felt his whole body shake as the ride finally stopped. He was dizzy but he pretended to be fine and got out of the seats.

"Won, can we get something to drink...I enjoyed this ride a lot, I guess I screamed too much, my throat hurts." Jake said as he felt like he'd throw up.

"Sure let's go!"

As it started getting dark, and the duo was exhausted, they started heading home.

"Oh hyung, can we go there?"

"There? Our usual spot?"

The younger nodded as Jake smiled and turned the car, on the way to the outskirts of the town. After parking they walked for a good 10 mins even though they were tired and they reached on the top of this small hill. The whole city looked amazing from that spot. The colourful lights flickering, the trees that turned violet from green because the dark, the stars that shone brighter than any of the light.

Jungwon sat on a rock first and then tapped another rock beside him, signalling Jake to sit. Now this was the kind of places that the older liked. Away from everything, away from crowds, away from humans. It just felt so peaceful, spacing out in nature without any worries.

"Why did you agree?" Jake snapped out of thoughts for the nth time of the day when he heard Jungwon speak.

"Eh?"

"Why did you agree to go to the amusement park? You clearly do not like it. I feel like I forced you and-"

The younger stopped speaking as he felt the older's palm onto his lips, indicating him to stop talking.

-------------------------------------------------------------
VOTES AND COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED^^

-------------------------------------------------------------VOTES AND COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED^^