Chapter 25~Epilogue(ish)

Eventually, the DJ returned to find a lanky blonde teen and a chicken messing with his computer and equipment. Frustrated and exhausted from the effects of the Twins' drink, he marched up to Tuff and took back control of the music. Tuffnut had given him the finger and marched off with Chicken, only to notice the teachers inspecting the punch and grimacing at the taste. Hurrying over to Ruff, he signaled to see the principal in search of whoever tampered with the drink. They took this as a sign to start heading out, gathering the other members of the gang as they had all carpooled together.

The ride home was filled with exhaustion and at the same time, excitement. The night was far from over and each car was blasting with music. Hiccup, unluckily, had been wedged in the car with Astrid, Heather, and Cami, all of which forced him to sing along to "Party in the U.S.A" and a couple other similar songs until they arrived again at Mala's house. As they pulled into the driveway, Fishlegs came barreling out of the Twins' car, labeled "BRFNBLCH", panting and kissing the ground. "Remind me to NEVER be in the same car as those two," He huffed out then collapsed. Behind him, Ruffnut came to check on him while Tuff was in a heated seemingly one-sided argument with his bird.

"Erm, didn't you ride with them to the dance?" Heather asked, surprised that Fishlegs just figured out the Twins' driving techniques.

"And I thought that was crazy!" Fishlegs wearily opened his eyes. "They switched drivers half-way here, without stopping the car!"

"What?! Why?" Hiccup stepped out of the car, Astrid following behind him. "Chicken made a comment about my dancing," Tuffnut humphed, immediately dropping Chicken without hesitation. "No, I will NOT carry you to the door. You are a grown hen, you need to accept some responsibility."

Chicken squawked and pecked at Tuff's shoe, perhaps asking for forgiveness. "As of now, I am not speaking to you," Tuff crossed his arms and shuffled his feet away. Chicken gave a very annoyed cluck, starting to play with the bow that was once on her head. "What did you just say to me?" Tuff turned back again, eyeing the torn accessory and picking up the bird. "You can't eat this! It's on loan," he argued.

Trying unsee the scene they just witnessed, the rest of the gang headed inside, where Astrid had initially set up an after party for her friends, before her beloved Hiccup came to the door. Chips, snacks, and drinks were out on display and the teens happily munched into them. Spread out on various pieces furniture and on the soft carpet, they had brought up the dreaded topic.

"So, on Monday we just have to pretend that Homecoming didn't happen and get on with our lives?" Hiccup asked, unsure of what the next week would entail. This had been his first high school dance, after all.

"Yep, pretty much," Snotlout popped a pretzel bite into his mouth while sitting next to Minden. "Just act like you aren't tired from dancing all night and deal with life."

"Huh, you'd think the teachers and school would be more understanding," Astrid took a sip of soda. "Don't be silly!" Minden chuckled. "I have an AP Research and Physics test on Monday."

"I can't believe you guys!" Tuff screamed and stood up. "You are all acting like Homecoming is over!"

"And it's not?" Eret shrugged. "The football game and tailgate passed. The dance got ended early for us because someone decided to rig the DJ and punch!"

"Please, we did you all a favor," Ruffnut chimed in. "Those songs were not good for dancing at all."

"And the punch?"

"We can't go back on promising a prank," The blonde female argued. "That would almost be as bad as forfeiting a Thorston Challenge!"

"What's a Thorston Challenge?" Hiccup asked, getting two mischievous grins. "Only the best way to prove who the superior twin is!" Tuff threw up his hands. Getting perplexed looks, Snotlout elaborated, "It's basically some weird and over-the-top dare that usually results in at least one of them getting hurt and in most cases, some bystanders, and destroying some kind of private property. The loser has to wear the other one's clothing for a brief period of time."