13. Palpable l❤️ve

Start from the beginning

"Well, me and Janine...we talked about it last night, we put our heads together, searched a bit online and came up with what you see."

Sanem got a sweet smile on her lips when her eyes searched for Janine; as usual, the young and bright receptionist tried to hide away, but Sanem called out her name and waited for her to step forward. When she did, Sanem fired off an even bigger smile at her and her collegue.

 When she did, Sanem fired off an even bigger smile at her and her collegue

"Janine, Esteban...these changes in the lobby are great. And smart; first those bombproof windows, then the idea about to keep the area by the windows a bit clearer...and not to talk about the beautiful pieces of furniture you have used to show this whole thing off! I'm impressed, aren't you, Can?"

Sanem turned to look at him, and got worried. He looked like he was about to pass out. She reached out and grabbed his upper arms, and so did Esteban.

"Caaan, what's wrong? Talk to me!"

Then she suddenly remembered; that bleeding ear. And, he had been on the street when the bombs had detonated, what if he had some internal injury? Fuck! And she had let him make love to her last night, without a thought about any posible...damn it! Can was the strongest man she had ever known, but also the most stubborn one, and this...this could be serious.

"Janine, call an ambulance, Esteban, help me take him to the divan over there, please!"

Only 8 minutes later the ambulance arrived. Fate or not, it was the same paramedic who had told Can to check that eardrum and his lungs up the day before, even if Sanem didn't know that. He looked serious while he attended Can on that divan and quickly decided to take him to the hospital. Can was in and out of that almost unconscious state, but even if he was, he only had Sanem on his mind.

"Sanem...bebek, don't leave me...please. I love you...so much...stay with me...bebek. Please..?"

The last word came out as a whisper before he completely passed out, and it made Sanem burst into tears. She held on to his hand and leaned in over him, while she tried to control herself and her feelings. She sniveled loudly and tried to shake him awake, but as he didn't wake up, she got upset.