12. First aid on his knees 🚑⛑️

As it still was early, there were not much movements in the reception area when Can passed by it on his way to the bakery. He halted outside on the street and inhaled the quiet Paris morning air. Some sun beams already reached the entrance of his parents' hotel, and he closed his eyes and turned his smiling face towards the blue sky while he stuck his hands into his jeans pockets. He wondered if he could be happier than this, shrugged and told himself that uh uh, no chance.

Then he saw that one of his shoelaces was untied, so he bent over to tie it when it happened

Sanem woke up with a scream. What the..? She was in bed, Can's bed, and got wide awake in an instant. She realized that the tiny window by the ceiling had been smashed and there were shattered pieces of glass everywhere in the room. She curled up against the headboard. Then she felt how the whole surrounding trembled and she sobbed out Can's name and held on to the blanket. No Can to be seen.

 No Can to be seen

"Can? Caan..? CAAAN!"

Can was probably still alive thanks to that untied shoelace, as he had bent over beside a parked car the second before the first bomb exploded. He was blown backwards a couple of meters by the pressure, and ended up on his back just outside the entrance of his hotel. He groaned when he put his hands down on the ground, which was full of broken pieces of glass, and tried to sit up. What the fuck..? Another big bang made the ground tremble under him, and he raised his arms with his now bleeding hands to cover himself. He laid back and curled up in a fetal position, trying to stay alive until whatever it was, was over. Then he suddenly realized that he was...fuck! Sanem. She was his responsability, she was his to keep safe and his to protect. Damn it! He sat up quickly and looked around. Oh. My. God. The sight...was devastating, but he didn't care in that moment, he only had one thing on his mind, only one person. And he had to get to her, no matter what. Now.

He had another look around and saw some movements from other people on the street. It was dusty and somehow a strange silence hovered over the place, until screams and car alarms reached his brain. He looked down on his still bleeding hands, and got up from the ground. He checked behind him and noticed that the facade of 'Divit's Place' was still there, even if a couple of windows were gone and the awning over the entrance couldn't be called an awning anymore. His whole body ached, but he managed to reach the door and pushed it to be able to enter. The receptionist and the restaurant staff seemed to already have some control of the situation inside, so when Can met eyes with one of the males, he confirmed with a nod that Can could move on. He got to the lift but passed it and went straight to the stairway, ran down the steps as fast as he could and reached the basement. He tried to remember which way it was to get to the room, finally found 'his' door and started to pound on it like crazy. He totally had forgotten about his own keycard he wore in one of his backpockets.