"Why are you here?" I asked him, looking him up and down,

"Well do I need a special reason to visit my BFF?" he asked as if it was the obvious, like it was something normal, like it's everyday you just meet a man and he becomes your BFF.

"Well since you asked my darling, there's a party at my place and I want you to be there since you are my only BFF," he said as he looked up at me with puppy dog eyes, who knew a man could give puppy dog eyes? I thought only women had it as their weapon, and damn, it working but I refuse to fall, no, I'm immune.

" I don't want to go out tonight, I want to stay in and relax," I said, like I haven't been doing enough of that the whole day, but not like I would tell him that.

"Okay fine, since you don't want to go, then I'll just have to celebrate my birthday here after all, my guests can have the party without the celebrant, you can count yourself lucky, you have me for yourself," he said as he go to make himself comfortable, but I stopped him...

"Hey, hey, hey, what are you doing? It your birthday today? I didn't know, happy birthday Mathew," I said as I gave him a hug, but he didn't return it as he folded his hands and kept his face the other side ignoring me which showed that he was mad at me, it was kinda cute that I was finding it hard to hold my laughter.

"Don't tell me happy birthday when you plan to remove the happy from it, I told everyone I'll be bringing my new friend, but my new friend doesn't even care about me," he said as he dramatically wiped away non existent tears, knowing Matthew, he takes the first position for the most dramatic man I've ever met.

" Okay fine, what time is the party?" I asked and that immediately piqued his interest as he turned to look down at me.

" It starts in about two hours time," he said as I turned to check the time and it was exactly 4:52 pm, I had to ask him what type of party it was because I didn't have any fancy dress for partying.

"What should I wear because I don't have any dresses?" I asked, he gave me a look as if I just told him I'm an alien, definitely a dramatic man, what did I do now?

"You didn't just tell me you don't have a dress, like hell is there a woman who doesn't own a single dress?" he asked me as if he was about to have a stroke from shock. If you talk about dresses, I had a whole lot of that back in New York, not like he needed to know.

"Don't make a big deal out of it, I could always get one, after all it's about two hours before your party," I said

" Are you serious young lady? We don't have time, you women take forever to pick a dress, not to mention, makeup and all," he said with his eyes narrowed at me.

"Well good thing I'm not any woman, I see what I want and pick it, I don't have time to be playing dress up, so if you want me at your party, we better get going," I told him as I began taking everything I'll be needing, I'll also need new heels because I don't have any of those.

Locking my door, I went with him to his car as we drove off.

"Why are we here?" I asked as I turned to face him, I didn't know around here that much, so I didn't question him when he was driving past expensive-looking malls until he stopped in front of one.

"You know any dress inside here would be expensive," I said. Although I had the money for any dress I wanted, he didn't need to know.

"That's why I'll be paying, it's my party you're attending so you shouldn't worry about spending your money, come on, let's go inside," he said.

"You don't want me at your party then, I can't have you buying anything for me, period," I said glaring at him.

His reply was a sigh as he said; "I thought we already established the fact that we were Bff's in another time and we just happen to reunite, the sooner you accept that the better for both of us." I watched as he opened his car door, then he turned around towards mine, I wonder what he was up to.

As soon as he reached mine, he opened the door and forced me out of the car, he practically dragged me into the mall.

"Matthew let go of me, I'm not wearing anything you buy, so don't waste your time or money," I said to him as I tried to pry his hands off me but he wouldn't let go. After trying few more times and not succeeding in breaking free, I stopped. He turned to look at me giving me a triumphant smile, stupid face.

He was greeted by a female staff who from the moment she saw him has done nothing but flirt with him, it was gross to watch, he talked to her for sometime before she nodded and led us to where dresses my size were.

The dresses were lovely, I walked towards the rack as I scanned through the dresses, I turned to look at Matthew and saw him giving me a look as if saying 'see who didn't want to buy a dress' and I gave him my own look which read 'I wanted dresses, just not expensive dresses stupid,' I turned away from him and continued my search.

I finally found what I needed, I found a simple black dress that was short with a small split in front and open back which had tiny straps, it was a really nice dress and I instantly fell in love with it. I took it off the rack as I walked pass Matthew without sparing him a glance, I can imagine that annoying smirk he had on his face.

I entered the changing room as I took off the clothes I had on. Putting on the black dress, I let my hair down and was combing through it with my fingers when someone opened the door of the dressing room and walked in.

I swear to God if it's Matthew I'll kill him and burn his body, but as I turned it wasn't who I thought it was, rather it was a woman who held a bag in her hand.

"Hello, Mr. Edward sent me to do your hair and makeup," She told me as I greeted her back.

I quietly sat on the chair as she began applying makeup on my face, I closed my eyes to relax as she worked her magic, when she was done with my makeup, she turned to my hair and started combing it, then she curled the hair, and I felt her pinning the hair, when she was done she sprayed something on my face and hair, it felt good.

I was told to open my eyes and in front of me sat a gorgeous lady which was definitely me, the makeup wasn't heavy, it was light and simple.

I thanked her as she made her way out of the room.

Putting on the black heels I choose to match the dress, I stepped out of the room.

************************************

Question of the day.

Do you think Matthew is a genuine friend or does he have something planned? Let me know your answers.

Don't forget to vote, love you all.