6 : || Arrival In Hastinapur ||

Start from the beginning

(Tsh, tsh, tsh. Hastinapur Prince Bheem, the mighty Vrikodar, married a petty demon ?)

A fake sad look marred the wicked King's face as Duryodhan and Dusshasan smirked standing beside him. This made the five brother's blood boil while Yudhisthir held back Bheem keeping his hand on the younger's tight fist.

Shakuni continued, "Budhi bhrast ho gyi hai lagta hai Vrikodar ka. Rakshasi se kon vivah karta hai ? Maha Mahim, aap kuch nhi kahenge ?" He intrigued Bhism.

The son of Lady Ganga kept a neutral face for a few moment until he said, "Hidimba ko kul vadhu swikar nhi kiya ja sakta." A sad look crossed Bheem's face while Shakuni smiled wickedly in victory. But soon their facial feature exchanged when Bhism announced next.

"Hidimba bhalehi kurukul vadhu ban nhi sakti jab tak ve van mein rehenge. Parantu uske putra ko toh main apna parpota hone se vanchit nhi kar sakta. Abhinandan !" Bhism declared smiling ear to ear and open his arms for Bheem, who hugged his grandfather tightly.

"Toh kaha hai kurukul ke nav vadhu ?" Gandhari asked being ecstatic about Panchali being daughter-in-law of her household.

(So, where is the new daughter-in-law of Kuru clan ?)

"Panchali, putri aayo upar." Kunti called her daughter-in-law affectionately as Panchali forwaded her legs, her long odni that hanged on her left shoulder, brushed the ground.

(Panchali, dear come up.)

Her steps faltered and a look of confusion marred on her face as she furrowed her eyebrows when she noticed the maids placing big platters containing flower petals, infront of her.

Do I have to place my feets over the platters to climb the stairs ? She thought still standing. Her confusion was cleared when Aryan spoke, "Panchu, place your feet over the platters while climbing the stairs."

Her eyes darted towards Aryan and again she nodded, placing her feet over the first platter, over the flower petals, feeling softness under her feet.

Before she could step her feet on the palace, Gandhari stopped her on the last stair, "Thahro putri. Rochana, kalash putri Draupadi- "

"Panchali. Mera naam Panchali hai." Panchali spoke for the first time after arriving in Hastinapur, rather interrupted sternly.

"Parantu putri, tumhara naam toh Draupadi bhi hai. Aur wohi tumhara asli naam hai. Phir bhi agar tumhe sahi na lage Draupadi pukarne se, hum sab tumhe Panchali hi pukarenge. Jaisi tumhari marzi." Gandhari spoke warmly smiling at her and then ordered her handmaiden, "Rochana, kalash putri Panchali ke charan ke samne rakh do."

The five brothers parted in both sides as the maid came forward and kept the pitcher pot infront of her feet, and went away. The pitcher was made up of gold and precious expensive stones that stuck to its body.

This time Kunti spoke, enlightening her daughter-in-law about the importance of the ritual. "Dear, this pitcher is filled with rice. Push it with your right toe and step inside your home. The purpose of this ritual is that from now onwards, your in-law is your own home and that you are heartily being welcomed by your in-laws. The ancient reason is that you being the new daughter-in-law would bring good fortune to your in-laws and hence when rice will fall after you push the pitcher, it indicates that you are considered as Goddess Lakshmi and that you would bring wealth to your home, that is your in-laws. Now, push the pitcher with your right toe."

Panchali urged the control to roll her eyes listening to the so called ancient ritual. She raised her right toe and push the pitcher lightly, making the rice fall.

Just then again the conch shell blowed and drums were beaten while her husbands looked at each other. A proud and happy smile placed on their face.

Then placing her feet over the palace, she walked forward and stood infront of the King and the Queen.