Seen a lot. And some may think i'll be traumatized. I am...to a certain extent. But when the same shit keeps happening, it's not even scary anymore. I expect it now.

flashback•

I can't wait to get to school. I've been sitting in the house full of everyone crying. Papa already told me not to cry because he's always here. And I believe him. Just because his body is gone, doesn't mean he is. I'll always have him. That's what he said immortal meant.

"Come on baby." Mama picked me up and I sat on her hip. I'm 8...but she still likes to treat me as her baby. It's fine. "I want you to have an amazing day mi amor. Recuerda que siempre está contigo."

I nodded my head as she pecked my lips and put me down. My eyes stayed on her red face and puffy eyes. It makes me sad to see them cry because I know Papa told them the same thing. So why are they acting this way? Do they not understand the things he's said? If they listen, they won't be so upset.

"Adelante. Te quiero."

"Yo también te quiero, mami." I hugged her before running away. I've been dying to see my friends. They haven't been over because of what happened and they say it's because we're in a lot of trouble. Not us, but the ones around us. Our older friend Amala says that a lot of stuff has been happening. But she won't tell us what. She said we're too young and it's to protect us. I don't need protection, I have my Papa. "Erica!" I ran to her with smiles and she turned to me. She handed me a gift bag and I smiled seeing it.

Everyone looked so down to see me but, I don't get why.

"Thank you. What's this for?"

"Mama says we should make you feel better. So I brought you some gifts. I hope they make you happier."

"I am happy....I was never sad Erica."

"Well...I know Uncle died..."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing...let's go before Ms.Devilears gets upset." She giggled and I did too, following her into the room. Eyes were on us, but Erica grabbed my hand and held it tightly. It made me nervous to feel the attention on me. Usually I would like it, but I know they're only doing that for one reason.

It's annoying.

I'm ready to go home now. Everyone keeps asking me about Papa and it's making me upset. I've tried ignoring them, but they just ask again. It's almost time to go because the big hand is almost at 12. As soon as the bell rings, i'm gonna go to the front. I want to be the first one to go.

I miss my Mami and everyone asking makes me miss my Papa. He would've told me to dust off and stand tall. Poke my chest out with my head high. I know to do it but it would be better to hear him say it I guess.

"Ok you all have an amazing weekend and remember the homework is due Monday morning!" The teacher yelled as I ran out. I'm at the top of my class because I always do my work. I don't need that.

I ran full speed down the hallway, all the way outside. Usually I would see Papas truck, but now I have to look out for Mami's car. I stood there kicking the rocks as people got into their cars, and it made me sad. Papa always made sure to be one of the first people to get in line. I've never had to sit at the playground before. I look like a lost kid.

"Onika....are you okay? It's getting empty out here." The principle came towards me and I stayed looking down. I'm not supposed to show her i'm crying. Then she'll know my weakness. Papa said no. "Let's got inside to call your parents baby."