19

After talking to Soobin, Beomgyu hoped that today would be a bit better despite the earlier event that had messed up his mood. His mind was entirely elsewhere while his body was just moving along absentmindedly like a routine.

Since the first order, Beomgyu has been making mistakes, putting in the wrong order and delivering the wrong order to the wrong table, earning distasteful comments and some negative reviews.

It didn't help that there were rude customers who were not only impatient but also disrespectful to those who served them. Unlike the previous days, where he would hold back and bite his tongue despite the rudeness, today Beomgyu had reached his limit, causing him to snap at them.

"If you so don't like it, you could just leave and go somewhere else," Beomgyu shouted, having a stare-down with one of the male customers who had his drink changed for the third time simply because it "does not have any flavor," despite it having been remade twice with more modifications to fit his taste.

"Who do you think you are shouting at?" The customer, who was taller than Beomgyu, stood up and stared down at him while fuming.

By now, all attention was on them. Mummers and snickers from other customers surrounded them, while others were instigating them to fight. Taehyun, the manager, appeared just as things were about to get heated.

"We apologise for the ruckus caused. I will send another drink made for you, and all your drinks and meals today will be on the house." "I assure you that nothing like this will happen again," Taehyun gritted his teeth, glaring at Beomgyu and motioning for him to meet him in the back.

Beomgyu scoffed following Taehyun to the back of the kitchen, frustration making his mind boil.

"You can leave early today, and I hope you can reflect on what you did today," Taehyun said as soon as they reached the back of the cafe, sighing and running his hands through his hair.

Beomgyu raised an eyebrow at Taehyun, convinced that he had messed up so badly that he had been fired, despite the fact that it had only been three weeks.

Taehyun, sensing his anxiety, assured him that was not the case.

"I am just sending you home early because clearly you are not in the right mindset to work today, so fix whatever it is and come back tomorrow, and I hope what happened today does not happen again," with which Taehyun left to go back to work.

Beomgyu let out a sigh before taking his backpack from his locker and dragging himself back home.

Just as he exited the cafe, he passed someone. It was a voice he recognized from anywhere, a laugh that was sweet to his ears.

Beomgyu came to a halt, and he whipped his head back only to make eye contact with her.

There she was. Her face was filled with life and happiness, and it shone brightly. Beomgyu felt his heart drop.

At the time, all he could think about was whether he was the cause of their breakup.