10

"Y/n!" your mum shouted from downstairs, "Jack's here!"

"I'll be right there!" you called back, rushing to get everything together. You passed by your mirror, catching a quick glance of yourself. You had put on the new blue dress Jack picked out for you. It fit you perfectly, contrasting with your eyes and hair well.

Hopefully that was nice enough, but not over the top, you thought. This was your first official date with Jack and you didn't want to look like a slob.

You quickly grabbed your wallet and ran down the stairs. Jack was sitting on the couch with your mum, chatting about where you were going to dinner.

Jack was taking you to this fancy restaurant in the city where his parents went once.

"All ready to go?" your mum smiled, seeing Jack stare at you in shock. You laughed at his reaction, his ears were red and he became flushed. "Cmon, let's go act like we're a rich married couple," you said, slipping on a jacket.

Saying your goodbyes to your mum, Jack trailed behind you to his car. Getting in, Jack looked over to you as he started the car, "You look amazing."

You felt butterflies in your stomach, you were gushing hard. "Shush," you laughed, "and you look handsome. Very dashing.

Jack smiled, "Do I look like I carry wads of cash in my pockets?" He was wearing a black button up and plaid blue dress pants. You nodded, "for sure."

He smiled, before you punched his arm, "Letsss goooo, I'm hungry." Jack laughed and rolled his eyes, heading onto the road. "What time is our reservation?"

"Seven o'clock," he said, "I know, that's soooo long from now."

"Shut up, you gru looking ass,"

Jack gasped dramatically, "you're so mean to me."

"Kidding!" you paused, "I can be your minion."

"WHAT" he shouted. "I'm so funny," you spit out between laughs. You faintly heard the intro of one of your favorites songs come from the radio. "OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS SONG," you screeched.

Jack laughed and smiled, "Turn it up!"

After many, many songs later, you had arrived at the restaurant. Jack parked against the curb across the street. It was 6:56, perfect.

Making your way into the building, a waitress was standing behind a podium, immediately greeting the both of you.

"Hi, we're scheduled for 7:00? We should be under Manifold," Jack spoke politely.

"Right this way," she smiled and brought us to a table. It was set next to the window that out looked the main street. You took the seat across from Jack as she handed us menus, "I'll give you guys some time to look over."

She then walked away, as you scanned the room. It was a little busy, but not to the point where you couldn't hear. You looked at Jack, seeing him look a bit embarrassed, "I feel out of place."

"At least we look nice," you said lightly and picked up the menu. Your jaw nearly dropped when you saw the prices.

"Jack," you spoke, trying to not see panicked, "look at the menu."

"Fuckin' hell," he said a bit too loud, earning you two a few looks. You kicked his shin under the table, "Ow!"

"Sorry," you grimaced, glancing around. Hopefully the waitress wouldn't be back soon.

"The water itself costs more than I make a video," he joked, making you giggle. "Well," he paused, "what do you wanna do?"

You and Jack got up quickly, hoping the waitress wouldn't notice. An older lady glared at you as you quickly paced towards the door.