I was (Wilbur Soot)

Start from the beginning

"Okay- remember, skeptic, it could have been a shadow but look- I can't see what- look- let me move my torch. Watch." I bring my torch up, shining light exactly where I saw it; you can clearly see the corridor.

I point out exactly where I saw it. There's a little shiny thing on the door and it's directly above that.

"So, a little more human height." Sam says, trying to gather more insight on what it was.

"Yeah, a very short human. But this is where they saw a child right?" I ask, remembering what the guide- Karl- told us when we got here.

Realisation sinks in. We've half clarified that it was the height of a short human. A child. I don't know what I saw anymore. I can remember the figure clearly, but did I really see it?

"Yes." Sam says slowly, having the same realisation as me.

"I can still hear the voices." I move closer to the blocked off area, instantly nearing back to the group. "I don't want to go down their man." I say with a slight laugh.

After listening a bit more we hear another sound and Colby sees something. "What is that at the way in?" Colby asks from behind me.

"It's a bat." I point out, flashing the flashlight on it.

"There's a fucking bat?" Colby sighs.

"From my fear, I have a suggestion. Shall we try and listen from the outside?" I suggest, looking back and forth between Sam and his camera and the corridor.

"Yeah, let's go. This place is creeping me out." Sam comments, lowering the camera but keeping it on in case something happens.

"Isn't that the point of the whole place?" George laughs and I join with a nod.

-

"The Estes Method is just one of these spirit box sessions that we did earlier. It completely sensory deprives Wilbur so that everything that he hears, is not only enhances because he's focused on what he's hearing, is also super authentic and cannot be swayed by the things that we're asking." Sam explains to the camera, although I can't see because of the red blindfold wrapped around my eyes.

"I just read out everything I hear." I comment, swaying side to side.

"Just read out everything you here." Sam and Colby repeat, almost exactly in sync.

I take the headphones out of his hands, placing them on my ears, lifting one side up so I can still hear what's going on. Sam turns the spirit box on and connects it to the headphones, the distortion can now be heard through them.

"I'll tap you on the shoulder and then you start reading." Sam explains and I nod, saying a simple okay.

The headphones are firmly places on my head. The distorted and warped sound now filling both ears. The sound isn't all too bad as it's not something uncommon to hear, it sounds like a car radio when you go underground or in a tunnel. Though it is fairly creepy considering the circumstances I'm hearing it in.

I don't flinch at the hand placed down on my shoulder as I've been expecting it for a while now, so they must've been talking to the camera for a few minutes.

Only

I hear clearly through the contorted sound, and I completely repeat the word allowed, not sure at what volume I say it in.

Only
Only

It repeats twice. Is it actually answering the question or questions asked?

Way back
Family

Crisis

I repeat, the words all being said one after another.