44. Shot Through The Gut And Your To Blame

Start from the beginning

"I called my boyfriend, he's coming to get me." I said, he chuckled grossly. "You didn't have the chance, no one's coming and your not expected to be home until 9; that's thirty minutes. It'll be too late. You'll be halfway to your father."

No. No. No. I can't. I won't.

"I'm not coming with you, tell my father to fuck off." I take another step away and he reaches in his pocket for something, I only saw some of it.

It was shiny and most certainly a weapon.

I turn on my ass and book it to Elliotts Jeep, its engine just started. I could still make it. The guy was behind me, I knew it.

I ran up to Elliott window and banged on it. He jumped and rolled it down.

"What the hell, Carrie?!"

"Unlock!" I cried, even know he seemed pissed about me scaring the shit out of him, he clicked the unlock button and I ran to the other side, I scrambled in.

"Car-"

"Please take me home. Now." I begged, putting the seatbelt on. He put the car in drive and got out of the parking lot. I practically stuck out my head trying to see where the man had gone. He was in his car now.

I prayed to God he wouldn't follow us.

My concentration was broken when Elliott spoke to me. "What the hell happened?" I lean back in the seat. "What are you talking about?" I didn't want to have to explain the guy then I'll have to explain my father and everything going on with him.

"Carrie don't lie to me right now, why do you think I stayed? Who the hell is that guy? What did he want?"

Before today, I would've said that I didn't know. Now I do though and knowing doesn't make the situation any better.

He knows my father. My father is looking for me and is closer than ever. This guy watching Xan's soccer game, he knew our park. Our school.

Fuck. He might know where I live.

"I- I-" before I could come up with something to say, Elliott interjects. "He's on our tail, shit." He was right, the black Honda was so close to the bumper.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I curl up into the seat, I can feel a breakdown coming on. Not here, not with Elliott of all people.

"Calm down, Carrie. It'll be fine, I'm gonna lose him." The streets of Alder weren't busy, not a single car was around in this area expect ours & the Honda.

He speeds up and takes four turns, we end up in the same spot. The Honda was still on our ass, if not even more. "Okay, okay I'm going to take you home. I'll let him follow me. I'll got to a police station or something."

"No Elliott, he wants me. He wants you to take me home so he'll knows my address. You can't- you can't take me home."

He looks at me. "Who is he?!" I bit my lip. "He's with my dad, okay!" He narrows his eyes. "What why would Hank do this?" I groan in frustration, he was driving and trying to stay away from a psycho who I don't really blame him.

"My biological dad! He got out of prison a while ago and is after me. This guy is helping him." I explained it as best as I could.