But today, she killed that hope of him as well, brutally.

But he can't say a word... nothing came out of his mouth.

"When...years ago Yami told me everything, I didn't believe!!", She initiated making Mahi understand where everything is heading to!!

"I still don't....but now I understood her feelings!!", She completed and wiped her tears.

"She was.. insecure!! And so am I now!!", She looks at Mahi to understand what's going on his mind...but for the first time, Mahi gave nothing away from his expression.

"The difference is that...she was insecure of your success...and I am insecure of yours position in my son's life!!", She ended in whisper and started sobbing... feeling distraught and pathetic at the same time.

"I..tried to make myself understand...but I can't help Mahi!! When...when I brought you for the first time, in my home, u become my world...my reason to survive!!

But..I don't know Mahi!! I feel pathetic for thinking so....but...I can't help it!! From the time, u have left home, I haven't have a proper talk with my sons!! And even if we did, it always ends in yelling or fight!!

For the first time, Even your Dad yelled at me...!! We have a serious fight where we haven't talked to each other for days now!! It never happened...but it's happening now...just... just because I asked you to-----", she stops feeling a lump in her throat. She drinks the water forwarded by Mahi whose expression were neutral.

She was not able to understand him for the first time ever....but what she didn't realised it that...she has crushed his heart today, gave him the guilt of something he haven't committed ever...just the way Dada and his Masi did, few years ago!!

She didn't understand that she has pushed Mahi into so much darkness today, that even if he want, he would never be able to come back from there.

It never pained so much to Mahi before...he didn't knew about his lineage, but it never affected him.
At every stage of his life, he has been tested...be it his childhood where he was harrassed...his school or college days, where he was reminded everyday about what his real identity is..his career where he was again accused by everyone..for something he never did!!
He never asked his parents, why it was needed to tell his real identity to everyone...if they have accepted him as his own, but somehow, he never find the courage to!! At one corner of heart, he always knew, no matter what, noone stays always!! No matter how much you give someone to, you can..never take someone's place.

Those words, once, have haunted him in past...but...he always pushed them to the farthest corner. And today, he was regretting it...maybe if he had accepted that as well, just like every other truth, it wouldn't have pained so much....so much that you feel every breath to be heavy. Where you feel like... running away from each and everything, just so that you can breathe!!

"I am sorry!!", He heard her apologizing and he wanted to ask...what was his fault?!! He never wanted her to adopt him!! He..never asked for sympathy!! He was learning to live alone, then why did she took him in her shelter..and now she is throwing him away..!!

Why did she..gave him right...to hold his two precious lifelines...!! And now, she was snatching them away from him!! She has..no right to...snatch away his Cheeku...his Ro...!! Noone has that right!!

"I....never thought that giving you right...to stay here will...snatch my own value in their life!! Vi is not talking to me....and Ro!! He never misbehaved with me, but now all that he do is... disrespecting me in every manner possible!!", She said and he just looked at her.

"In my own home, I have become a stranger...and I can't help....but blame myself!!", She said and didn't meet his eyes.

But he understood her unsaid words...."Because you bought me in their life", he asked more than stated for the first time. She nodded, a little ashamed.