I'm Sorry

Bruce didn't feel it at first. Hulk was in control, raging rampant on the streets. It wasn't until Bruce was able to take control again that he felt the burning pain in his side. He looked down and saw blood, lots of it. Bruce inhaled sharply, stumbling to a nearby tree and leaning on it. He called Tony as he slowly slid down the tree. "Tony?" Bruce mumbled.
"Hey baby. Are you ok?" Tony asked.
"No, I don't think I am."
"What happened?" Tony asked. Bruce felt his vision go black and he passed out.
Tony was pacing outside of the Avengers medbay, worrying his nails and lip. Bruce has been in surgery for hours now. He found his husband leaning against a tree, bleeding profusely. Tony looked up when he heard the medbay doors open to reveal the doctor. "Well?" Tony asked, his voice almost breaking. The doctor shook his head.
"I'm sorry, Mr. Stark. He didn't make it." The doctor told him gently. Tony felt his world crash. His chest felt tight and tears burned his eyes. He crashed to the floor hard enough his knees made a loud sound when they made contact with the floor. Tony kept shaking his head and mumbling no repeatedly. This wasn't happening. His husband wasn't dead. He couldn't be dead. Tony screamed in pain. A hand landed on his shoulder, making Tony flinch. He looked up and saw Steve standing above him, looking sad.
"Tony?" Steve spoke softly, afraid to spook the other man. Tony sobbed and stood up, surprising Steve with a tight hug.
"He's gone." Tony cried.
"I know, I'm so sorry." Steve held his friend in the hug, rubbing his back in reassurance. Tony sobbed into Steve's shoulder.
It was a couple days later and Tony was getting dressed for the funeral he never wanted to go to. His hands kept shaking and tears kept threatening to fall. He looked down at his wedding band and whimpered softly. He had Bruce's on a chain around his neck. Steve had to take it off, Tony knew if he did he wouldn't be able to stop crying. He begged every God he could think of to bring his husband back to him. He even begged Loki and Thor, neither of which could help. Tony sighed shakily and looked back into the mirror. He straightened the tie Bruce got him as a birthday present last year. The kids were in the living room with the rest of their found family.
Tony was putting his shoes on when he heard a knock on his bedroom door. "Come in." Tony called out. The door opened slowly and king T'Challa walked in. Tony stood up. "Your highness." Tony greeted.
"Mr. Stark. I came to see if you are okay." T'Challa walked over to him. Tony closed his restaurant briefly and nodded.
"Yeah, I'm ok. Just trying to make it through today without completely breaking down." Tony told him.
"I understand. You are not alone today or ever, Tony." T'Challa put a hand on Tony's shoulder. Tony nodded, using his hand to ground himself.
After the funeral, everyone gathered in the living room again to eat. Tony looked around at their friends and family. "Kids." Tony called out. Peter, Morgan and Miles all turned their heads to look at their dad. Tony nodded his head towards his bedroom and the three of them followed him in. They stood their together, until Miles let out a loud sob and jumped on Tony's chest. Tony held his youngest son close. Peter and Morgan started to cry as well and clung to their dad. Tony tried really hard not to start crying, but seeing his kids in pain and the heartbreak of the past few days, Tony couldn't hold back and joined his kids in crying. They clung to each other and sobbed for their lost family member.