Part 1

The tears were hot and wet on my face. 

Marriage. Marriage. Marriage.

That's all he talks about. All I'm worth to him. He just wants to ship me away to some prince. It's like he wants to sell me off. 

The door cracks open. I whip my head around hoping for Will to be at the door.  

But then James slips his head through the door. Great. The last thing I need right now. 

This is probably confusing. Let me explain.

I'm Brooklyn Brown. I'm the princess of Adria. My 16th birthday was the about a month ago, meaning I can now get married. Which is exactly what my dad and mom want.

Basically, my parents want me to marry some random prince from some kingdom I've never heard of. 

I'm just so sick of it! I don't want to get married! I'm only 16! And I don't want i prince, I want-

"Brooke, what's going on?" James' voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

I wipe the tears from my eyes "Nothing, everything's fine"

James looks at me. I see from his eyes that he doesn't want to deal with me and I know he can tell that I don't want him around either.

James shrugs and walks back out the door. You may think that's weird, but that's just James. 

A few minutes passed or maybe it was hours and that was when Will walked.

Not even saying anything he just walks in and hugs me. Finally, someone who I was safe around.