Chapter XV

Vera's POV:

"Hey, are you okay? Kanina pa kita kinakausap."

I stared at his hand carressing mine on top of the table, it was such a sweet gesture from him. I smiled,

"I'm sorry, my mind is pre occupied from school, that's all." My eyes stared at the ring on his ring finger, I couldn't help but feel jealous. "Can you remove that?" Tukoy ko sa singsing nito. He smiled sheepishly at inalis naman nito iyon saka tinago sa bulsa nito.

"I'm sorry, nasanay na kasi akong suot yan. Don't worry, it's just an accessory para hindi ako lapitan ng mga babae." He winks which made me roll my eyes. "I'm so glad you've given me a chance, babe." He smiled. That kind of smile that I've been crushing on since forever, kaya naman ay napangiti din ako.

I didn't give him a chance exactly, he just assumed that when I said I love you back. I really wanted to give him a chance but there's something inside of me na pumipigil sa akin. Maybe the situation I'm in right now. Or maybe because deep inside, there's someone I don't want to hurt further.

And speaking of whom, my mind flashes back the scene earlier. Who was that girl? I'm pretty sure it was not Aubrey. Aubrey's taller and I hate to admit it but she's much sexier.

Sobrang clingy naman ng babaeng yun to be just a friend of Andrei. Maybe her cousin? But Hestia told me that it's just the three of them in the Philippines. Andrei, Hestia and Hera, the rest of them are in the Australia. They have haciendas over there and most of their clan stayed together. Sila lang naman ang nag pasya na umuwi ng Pinas para manahin ang mga ari-arian nila dito.

I sighed.

"That's deep. Something wrong?" Nag aalalang tanong ni Adrianne. Umiling lang naman ako.

How can I tell him what's bothering me if it's my wife that is? I'm sure he will just get jealous and mad at me for mentioning her name and the least I want right now is a drama.

Napukaw naman ang pag iisip ko ng biglang tumunog ang cellphone nito. He picked it up almost immediately and excused himself. Sinundan ko lamang ito ng tingin papalabas sa restaurant. I got a feeling it's Hailey, her "wife in paper.".

I mentally rolled my eyes at him, what could she want now again? Does she always have to ruin my night with Adrianne?

I tapped my fingers against the table, I'm getting irritated by the seconds passed. What kind of a date is this? Lagi na lang may asungot. It's already 10 minutes pero wala pa din si Adrianne, so I stand up, put money on the table and left the restaurant. Every one knows my patience is as long as a needle, ayaw kong pinag hihintay ako lalo pa't ang dahilan ay ibang babae.

I didn't see him outside kaya sa inis ko ay kinuha ko ang cellphone ko and dialed a number. They picked up at the third ring.

"Hestia, pick me up at **** restau." Utos ko.

"Can't, I'm busy. I'mma call my sister, nandito siya." dinig ko ang kaluskus sa kabilang linya and heard a muffled conversation. It must be Andrei.

"Hello, Vera? She's on her way."

"Thank you." I hang up the call and patiently waited for Andrei. It will take her about 15-20 minutes before getting here kung totoo ngang nasa mansion nila ito. But to my utter surprised, wala pang sampung minuto ay nasa harap ko na ang kotse nito.

She went out of the driver's seat, I can't help but to stare at her. Bigla akong kinabahan, or excitement? She was graceful, napakaganda ng tindig nito. She's not girly nor manly. Sakto lang na mararamdaman mong she's the man in the relationship. Biglang nagkaroon ng weird feeling ang tyan ko.