Chapter XIII

Vera is so beautiful in her gown, her mask was exquisite. She looks like a Queen standing tall and she's the fairest of them all.

I bet everyone wants to have her as their date or even to kill to be with her side right now

I bet everyone wants to have her as their date or even to kill to be with her side right now. Masasabi kong napaka swerte ko at ako ang katabi niya ngayon, ako ang kasama niya ngayon. But it saddened me the reason why she's with me at this moment.

My head slightly bent down, looking at her due to our height difference, I might be at least more or less three inches taller.

Her hand clings at my right arm, possessively like her life depended on it. Maybe it is. My friends are busy chitchatting, they didn't even hear what Vera has told me earlier. I sighed.

"Vera," tawag pansin ko dito. She looked up at me and smiled.

"You look ravishing, Andrei."

She complimented me, a part of me is tingling with happiness but then I can't be that fully happy because of the gnawing pain inside me. She sensed it and darted her gaze elsewhere, seemingly guilty.

"I know how you feel, Andrei and trust me I do feel bad." She said softly, hindi naman gaanong maingay dito kaya dinig ko siya ng maayos. "I just- it calms me when you're here beside me."

My left hand carressed hers that was on my biceps, I looked at her assuringly that everything is fine and I understand how she feels. Alam kong hindi siya naniniwala, I know deep inside she knows how I feel but I need to make her safe, kailangan kong itago at balewalain ang sariling nararamdaman para sakanya. Above all, she comes first.

"I'm here, Vera. You're not alone."

Sa ngayon, what she needs is a friend. Someone she can trust, someone she can put her pain into. I can be that, I made a vow. For better or for worse.

"What if your dad sees us, though?"

She smiled,

"Hindi siya maghihinala."

"And if your ex tells your dad?"

Kumunot ang noo ko, I think she's not worried about that. Is it something to be worried about?

"I know him, Andrei. He's not a snitch." Vera seemed proud.

Okay. What about me? Do you know anything about me?

I wanted to ask but kept it within me. It'll complicate things and as much as my night is ruined, I don't want to make it worse. I want to just sit here and relax. Wala namang ibang instruction si Vera but to be with my side lang and I'll let her be. Look at the bright side, I get to be with her all night long, in this boring crowd.

I guess there's a good in bad even in this situation I'm in right now.

Marami din namang mga kaedad namin dito, but they have groups as well and it's kind of tiring to associate and talk with them, not that we don't get along it's just we're not close. All we have is a business heirs kind of relationship.