Chapter X

"How dare you kiss what's mine?!"

Aubrey looked at Vera the same way Vera looked at her. Parehas may panganib sa mga tingin ng mga ito, it's like a staring murder contest. Walang ayaw magpatalo sa mga ito.

"Excuse me, but who are you?" Walang emosyong tanong ni Aubrey kay Vera, her cheek reddened from the slap earlier. I know that stings dahil malakas ang impact nito kanina.

Vera gritted her teeth.

"I am her wife." She said lowly but every word has venom in it.

Ngumisi si Aubrey at matamang tinignan lamang si Vera, she crossed her arms against her chest, her eyebrow raised. Tila'y naghahamon ang mga mata nitong nakatitig sa aking asawa.

Wife?

"Are you? 'Cause I could've sworn I saw you kissing a guy not 5 minutes ago." Natigilan si Vera dahil sa tinuran nito, her eyes clearly shows suprise as her stare went from Aubrey to me.

Honestly, I didn't know how to look at her, I don't know what emotion my face shown and all I know is that I held her stare.

"It's not what you think---"

"It's always that reason when someone has been caught," natawa si Aubrey, sarcasm is in her voice. "Did our eyes played tricks on us?"

Nabaling ang tingin ni Vera kay Aubrey, bumalik ang pagkainis sa mga mata nito. Ako nama'y tahimik lang na nakamasid sakanilang dalawa. What do you expect me to say? My mind is clouded with pain.

"You don't have any idea of what happened." She told Aubrey with obvious disgust in her voice. Then she looked at me with pure guilt in her eyes. "Let's talk." She pleaded.

Because I'm still in state of shock ay hindi agad ako nakasagot dito. My mouth opened to say something but nothing came out, so I shut them up again. She tried to come close to me pero may sariling isip ang aking mga paa, umatras ako and there I saw how her eyes went from worry to something I haven't seen in them before.

It was pain.

Kumunot ang noo ko.

"Let's go."

Aubrey must have sensed my discomfort so she dragged me out of that room again. Vera didn't try to stop us.

Ouch.

"You should stop dragging me." Basag ko sa katahimikan, she let go of my arm and we walk slowly this time.

"That was one hell of a scene." She sighed, tila ba'y kanina pa nito pinipilang huminga. "Your wife is hella scary." Natatawa nalang siya at umiling iling.

"Thank you." She looked at me, "For saving me back there."

She shrugged at di na kami nag imikan pa until we reached the registrar's office. Habang nakikipag usap si Aubrey sa in charge ay nagkaroon ako ng oras upang makapag isip isip.

My mind went back to the scene earlier. If Aubrey wasn't there, I wonder what could have happened to me? Baka ay nakatunganga pa din akong nakatingin sa dalawang naghahalikan. Or maybe I would've made a fool of myself by walking over to them and do something stupid that I might regret later, or maybe embarass myself by confronting them and tell the guy that Vera is mine? But who am I kidding tho? Vera was never mine.

So, that was him.

I wasn't able to register his face dahil sa anggulo kanina, but I know they were kissing. Definitely kissing. He was tall, lean and neat, he must be handsome too. Any woman would hoe for him, that's for sure. Not to add, he's a successful businessman. Pero sino sakanila? I know a lot of young business owners in this country but I'm not aware of someone that was titled as Vera's boyfriend. Siguro ay private ang kanilang relasyon.