Chapter 14: Only Human

Magsimula sa umpisa

I can't believe I forgot people used to worship and revere me as Ginrou, even though it happened over a week ago.

It actually took a Demon to remind me of that...

He flings me to the side towards a wall as the back of my head gets smashed against it. I find him charging towards me like a blur, and slams his sword into my heart, nailing me to the wall.

His sword is left in me as he flies away to leave me like a painting being held up.

Michiru suddenly appears once more, shaking me with tears in her eyes as I begin to fade.

"WAKE UP! NAZUNA!"

As I somehow begin to, the thing that seems to pull me to do so is...her eyes glowing blue?

As I look closer into the blue light, and as the feeling intensifies, I can just about see the reflection of my own? Glowing pink?

...

...

...

What...is going on now...?

It's still dark...nothing...

Wait...someone's in front of me...

Pink fur?

White bed gown...

That bushy tail looks familia-

Is that me...?

This didn't happen before...

The being turns to face me...

It...IT IS!!

It IS me!

She looks to her hand, almost admiring it as if she never had a body before...

"So...this is us...huh?" The me asks in a slightly distorted voice, looking into my eyes.

"What?" I ask, confused about my other self.

"Us. You know? I am you, you me, us one?" She asks, raising her eyebrow. "Want me to spell it out a little more?"

"I know you. I can know what I look like...but who are you, and why do you LOOK like me?" I interrogate the impostor, who 'glitches' in the same manner as I was earlier.

"Just told you." She retorts sarcastically. "Slowpoke..."

I don't say anything in response, only still baffled at there's another me in front of me.

She looks off into the void, as if she were trying to see what's there.

"Quiet in here, isn't it, my human friend?" She asks me.