Chapter 13: Funk with Me

Cato

'There has to be something more to this thing than meets the eye. Why else would he design it like this?' I think to myself, grazing my hand across the entirety of my colossal weapon, trying to see if there's anything to interact with.

Like a switch or a gadget, or something like that.

If this is based on Cloud's fusion sword, there has to be something more to it...

If it's our own version of it, then it'd be a Composite Sword, so...

If he actually managed to do it...

After shocking my friends' worlds with the Catatumbo Lightning (pun intended) and upholding my promise of making it brief, I took haste in Warping back Shirou, to return to work, and Nazuna, to get a good night's sleep for when she begins her own work tomorrow.

Meanwhile me, Michiru, and Marie will be chaperoning Nina to that party she was invited to on the mainland.

I kind of wish that we could bring Shirou and Nazuna. After everything that's happened, it'd be reassuring to know they'd at least be relaxing and having fun.

Especially after what they've lost...

I'd imagine Shirou would be walking around the city for his patrols, as he can't run across the rooftops anymore without his strength, and Nazuna would only be using her human capabilities to look after the kids for now...

But they have their own lives, with their own time, and I must respect that. The same could be said if Michiru and Marie didn't have as flexible schedules, but I'd know at least they can handle themselves.

I'd accompany Nina on my own if I had to.

She's not even old enough to be normal Kin. She'd be a part of the Next of Kin, the division we have for kids under 18, who would be automatically Inducted into the normal Kin after they come of age.

All the more reason I have to protect her, kind of relating to how I respect Nazuna for undertaking the job to protect the kids at the orphanage. Someone must be the last line of defense for them, unless they get trained eventually.

On the note of Nina, however...

She wanted us to take a boat there.

She said it's because we have enough time, and it's also for sentimental purposes, but mainly because Nina and Marie didn't want to Warp again. They vehemently insisted on it, given that they were almost convulsing after I brought everyone back to Anima City, so I humored them. Marie apparently already had access to a boat and got that situated almost immediately.

Me and Marie are currently waiting at said boat, as we went ahead to procure it, and I'm trying to figure out my weapon as we wait for Nina and Michiru to catch up. Marie took the liberty of kicking her legs up and resting her head on the railing with her arms crossed above her head, trying to still recover somewhat from the sudden Warping from earlier.

Eventually, I notice something about the grip on my weapon.

There's a little, what could be described as, a safety on it. A little switch that when I slide it up, reveals a small button on it.

I press it.

SHNNK!

With a subsequent sound of a metal hinge being unlocked, I discover the very front of the sword somehow gets...

Loosened.

No...

Upon further inspection and curiosity, I take hold of it and pull it, realizing that the whole loosened segment can potentially be removed.