Chapter 3: The Sky and the Snake

(OC is mine.)

Michiru

"WE CAN DO IT, RIGHT?!" Jackie calls to my team while the cocker spaniel Beastman holds up her arms.

"YEAH!" We reply in unison.

Ah...this is nice. Familiar territory, familiar people, and familiar games.

Plus, familiar enemies as well.

I'm on the pitching mound of the baseball field, in my yellow and white uniform. Nazuna is off to the side, cheering us on.

My best baseball friend Jackie is the catcher as she usually is, the rest of the bears are on the bases and the outfields as well. We're currently going up against the aggressive Pink Flamingos.

Cheaters...

They always use the dirtiest tactics...nothing is off limits for them, even if it means killing.

But fortunately...I've got a bit of an advantage.

"You again..." The current batter utters.

I remember how she and her little band of mean girls were doing their normal routine of killing any unfortunate bear teammates whenever they could. When I came along, I knew I had to put them in their place. I had the capability to do so, and I struck her, and her friends out, and I helped the Bears win against them.

Good times...

"Aw...little dainty flamingo's gonna run to get her nails done again? Guess what? You're like the two end pieces of a loaf of bread. Everybody touches you, but nobody wants you."

"OOOOHHHH!!!!!" Literally everyone in the stadium lights up at the burn, Nazuna is losing it on the stands.

"F*** YOU!!!" The flamingo batter spits at me, her eyes burning with fire.

"Scream a little louder! Maybe you'll be PITCH PERFECT!!" I scream back, winding up my arm and focus my sights on Jackie's glove, putting all my force into it. "GRAH!"

I've gotten a little better at it, so I don't have to resort to using my other move all the time. If I have to use it, then I'll use it when I have to, but for now, it's too obvious when I do.

I wanted to improve just my normal throw, and so far, it's been working wonders.

The next half second consists of me nearly breaking the sound barrier with my throw, and when everyone comes to, the ball is lodged into the glove, and the batter's got a strike, looking shellshocked.

"STEE-RIKE ONE!" The umpire calls out, holding up the number on his finger.

It happens again.

"STEE-RIKE TWO!"

And again.

"STEE-RIKE 3! YOU'RE OUT!!"

Literally the same thing with the next 2 batters, but on the very last one...

I unfortunately get a little cocky and let it slip a little.

CRACK!!

The sound of the bat hitting the ball rings throughout my ears, and I shoot my head upwards to witness the ball soaring into the air.

Dammit, nearly every time I get in that mindset things go awry!

"GUYS! NEED AN ASSIST!" I cry out to my bear allies, sprinting like a madman to get ahead of the ball.

The honey bear and the grizzly bear both line up next to each other and hold their hands down.