Chapter 14: Only Human

(I'm not dead...it...just took genuine life changes for a delay this long...not catastrophic, but still changes that happened in less than a year, that's all I can say. Just please...enjoy.)

Nazuna

Sequence Begin

It's...

It's continuing...?!

No...

The dream...

WHY?!

WHY IS IT CONTINUING??!!

WHY AM I BACK??!!

WHY NOW?!

The same moment...

From back then...

Still enveloped in Boris's grasp, watching as the Fallen Angel looms over my best friend, who still 'glitches' to and from her original and beast form...

The symbolism hits a lot harder now...given everything that's happened...

How can I protect others if I can't even protect my best friend...?

No...I won't be helpless this time...

I've fought a fallen divine being, and fear made manifest...I...am far from it...

AND I WON'T BE ANYMORE!!

I grab the tentacles around me, violently pulling them and tearing, biting, and shredding every single one off my form as penance for what he did to me. He screams in pain at my retaliation, I use the last intact tentacle to yank him towards me and kick him away.

Now free, I find myself running away from Boris, I stand in next to Michiru, shoving her back, much to her shock.

Even if I am useless, and even with all the blood on my ledger, this is all I'm good for...

The only fate worthy of someone as shallow as me...

And my sins...

A sharp pain in my chest, emerging from right next to my heart and my shoulder blade, and then the fading glint of bloodied metal makes itself known.

The Fallen Angel lifts me off the ground using his sword as if he were hoisting me up by a meat hook.

"NAZUNA!!"

A moment passes, letting the consequences of my decision sinking in...

"I-I d-deserve this." I utter through the unnervingly realistic pain of this dream, I, myself glitching to and from my Beast form, as well as my original orange haired form as well.

"INDEED, YOU DO." The Fallen Angel says, shooting his black and white energy through his sword and burning my wound with the same pain he did previously, I turn to see him. "FALSE GOD."