Chapter 9: In the Sights

Shirou Ogami

Already been 2 days, and already 2 battles since he's been here, and we haven't even done ANYTHING regarding training yet beyond just scoping out places on the island to train.

He promised to teach us, yet we've hardly done anything yet beyond getting schooled and getting our hinds handed to us.

I know that he has to know what we're working with, but I can't exactly know what he's thinking, so I don't really know his methods.

Though, if you do count what we did earlier as 'getting started' so to say, then we might've made some progress, but still.

I learn on the job, I learned how to manage myself in a fight, subdue my opponents, and even defeat creatures several times my size. Though Michiru did help, I defeated Alan because I've had more combat experience over the course of the last millennium whereas he was more taking more time to make his master plan, but still powerful regardless.

Our fight really made me feel as if I were Godzilla and he were King Ghidorah...

The resemblance was uncanny...

I've built up my power to be able to combat beings such as him, and I do so to protect the Beastmen...

However, I've been questioning my own capabilities as of recently.

We talked earlier this morning, I was up early today (woke up and couldn't go back to sleep), and I was on top of Anima City Co-op, where me, Michiru, and now him, live. I managed to spot him flying/leaping around the city. I followed him to see what he was up to, and was surprised to see that he was looking around abandoned buildings and areas where normal people wouldn't think to live.

I was in my wolf form attempting to blend in with the shadows, and I lost sight of him, but apparently the light is inevitable.

Back then

VRREEEE-WHOOOSH!!!

"What're you doing here?"

Our alien friend warps right next to me, nearly causing me to jump out of my skin like scaring your mom on Halloween. "Why're you in your wolf form?"

"Was about to ask you the same thing about being here." I say after recomposing myself. "I'm stronger and faster as a wolf, it was the only way I could keep up with you."

"Well, I was scoping out places we could train, same as yesterday. Didn't sense any life here, except for you, so I thought it'd be a good option."

FFFSSSSHHHHH!!!!!!

"Why do this so early?" I ask as I transform back into my human form.

"Early bird gets the worm."

"Yes, but the sun's not even up yet. At this point you're trying to get the worm, and the bacon, and the cherry on top. All without even needing a spoon." I say.

"How's that supposed to make sense?" He asks, confused at the nonsense I just sputtered.

"I don't know, I was improvising." I say, throwing my hands up slightly. "Also still slightly shaken up by your sudden appearance."

"Sorry, I tend to forget that appearing out of nowhere can cause people to get jumpy." He apologizes as he starts to move towards the open field right outside the decrepit buildings.

"I think that's self-explanatory." I say as I follow him.

"Yeah." I reply.

We're left with ominous silence that clashes with the pleasant nature of the morning atmosphere.