Chapter 4: The Soaring Souls

(OC is mine.)

Skyfall, earlier

"You said that I was doing business here, I wanted to ask, what is it that you do here?"

The currently human Marie only holds her hands above her, stretching them.

"Just running a simple business in a not-so-simple city." She says, eyes closed.

"What classifies as business here?"

She quickly dons a thinking expression, and then elaborates.

"Anything, really."

"What's your specialty?"

"I just lend a helping hand to those in need. A Beastman caretaker." She says as if it were a catchphrase.

I think Michiru mentioned that's what Marie said when they first met.

"Help someone then charge them later."

She gets and almost-surprised look, but then realizes where I might've gotten my information from.

"Someone's inquisitive. Hey, what can I say? It's business."

"Most sane people would call that a mugging."

"That's Animacity for you, but I've kind of been doing my own, honest thing since Nazuna here has helped me sell merchandise." She innocently says, but I know that she's more than likely still going to scam people.

"And I can say that you can do better. I can feel your latent power, and you have potential beyond just scamming and mugging people for what they have. You can do some good with it. All of you can."

Michiru, Nazuna, and Shirou all look to me alongside Marie.

"Power? What? If you spend so much time in the sky, you a monk or something like that?" She half-sarcastically asks.

"First time I've been called a monk. But I digress. I'm just saying, the fact that you've been willing to fight alongside established protectors of the city already gives me faith in you..."

I pull out one of my metal pieces, and hand it to Marie, who's eyes are wide open in shock at me just giving it to her.

I look upon the rest of the group., who are also surprised that I gave her one of the pieces as well.

"When you guys are ready, to learn our secrets. I'll be here. Trust your feelings and trust your instincts."

The deadpan look on her face is near priceless after I finish speaking, she shoots her glance from the feather to me, and back again.

"I look forward to knowing your decision."

It's always so funny when someone like her does that, even kind of adorable too.

"Poet..." Nazuna utters as we enter city hall.

Michiru, now

VRRRREEEEEEE-WHOOOSH!!!!!!

"GAH!"

After what I'd have to assume is the strongest force I'd ever felt in my entire life pulled me and my friends through the cosmos, as suddenly as it came, it all vanishes as we come to the light of day.