Chapter 12: Shock and Awe

(Thank you all for 2k reads on this story...)

30 minutes later, in the abandoned area where Cato and Shirou were previously

Cato

"Guess your little scouting paid off, huh?" Shirou asks me with a raised eyebrow.

"Fortune favors the prepared." I reply.

"Cato, why this place to train?" Michiru asks.

"Empty space, perfect terrain, no one to harm." I summarize in response. "Besides, it's getting dark anyways, and its best if we don't wake up anyone, hence the slight distance. Also would need the space for a little thing I have planned."

"Makes sense..." Nina utters, not knowing exactly what I have in mind for them.

"But as of right now, procrastination is the thief of time, so everyone go to the center of that area over there." I order them, pointing to the general area where me and Shirou had our little pep talk. "Line up from...youngest to oldest."

Going along with the command, because they're trying to get this started, they take haste in going to the close destination.

As they do, I limber up as I semi-wait, stretching my arms, legs, and core.

After I follow them and take position in front of them, I witness my students aligned formally in front of me.

From left to right, it's Nina, Michiru, Nazuna, Marie, and Shirou

Not as substantial as it might be, but they'll do perfectly for now.

In the dying light of the day, my students currently waiting for me to say something, the tension/awkwardness builds ever so slightly.

Side note: I know Nina's here, and I technically didn't get permission from her dad, I'll just have to talk to him eventually. Also, she was wanting to join for a while, so I can't exactly stop her in that case.

Let's do this.

"You are all here to learn the art of war, to be able to push yourselves past your limits and achieve heights you never thought possible. You must know, that learning to fight, and knowing how to do the deadly dance is a privilege, not a right. You are here because I chose you, and because you have proven you are worthy of attaining such knowledge through traits like determination, courage, selflessness, and the willingness to change for the better." I announce, pacing back and forth as I glance to and from my students.

They nod.

"It is with this, that I may confidently teach you, to harness your inner power, and unleash your potential." I end.

A hand raises from the group.

"Yes, Nina?" I ask the teenager.

"Um, how would we harness our, inner power?" She asks.

"Good question, actually. You first must be exposed to Awakened power in order for yours to be Awakened itself."

"What's that?" She asks.

"Awakening is when the dormant power within you gets either disturbed or activated, sometimes it manifests like a small ember burning, or rarer instances can be like match in a gas tank. The latter of the two, however, requires very specific conditions, so we won't need to worry about that for the time being." I explain. "It must occur when someone already has access to their energy, or Force, so to say, that allows that power to come into contact with you, and therefore, your own pool of power."