Chapter 6: The Fallen

Skyfall

I stand there, daring my mortal enemy to move even a hair, readying by weapon all the while.

How...and I mean how in the absolute hell did he get here so quickly?!

He's not low ranking, but I'd have to assume he learned something new to be able to do so...

But he's here, and even mocking me by my temporary codename...he knows I haven't disclosed the sufficient information to this world yet, my true name included.

As much as I hate him...the people of this world are due the truth at some point.

The threat has made itself clear already and hiding the truth will only delay the inevitable.

My family's taught me that much...

Side note: I legitimately did not know he could teleport his weapon back to him. I've seen it before with other Demons, but not him specifically. I should've purged any presence from it...

We still remain here, the tension in the air rising, and making it so thick you could cut it with a knife. My raccoon friend continues to subtly evacuate the area.

My Fallen Angel foe seems to notice this.

"Seems you finally managed to get out of that little shell you made, at least somewhat. Making friends again, I see?"

"No thanks to you. It's called having a social life. You'd know if your friends weren't so diabolical."

"Diabolically invincible, if I'd say so myself."

"You say you are, but you aren't."

"What about yours? Call this counterproductive, but please, make more of these friends. It'll only make it more satisfying when I drive this blade into your hearts."

"I remember our history...and I am not condemned to repeat it..."

"Oh we'll see about that..."

He looks at his blade once more and holds it out in front of him towards me as this world (as I notice some people have their phones up, probably livestreaming) looks on, his presence intensifying.

"Have at thee."

In a flash after he slices his sword through the air once more, and his legs create craters in the ground as he launches himself towards me.

I, too, join him in the charge, me also creating indentations from the take-off site as we approach each other.

In the few seconds that feel like an eternity, he gets close enough to try and slash at me twice. I sidestep the first and limbo dodge the second, he throws two more swings in an upward fashion, but I deflect them using my sword. I parry the second slice, but he uses his right pauldron like a makeshift shield to redirect it and kicks me back a few feet.

When we're jumping distance from each other, I leap into the air, thrusting my sword at him, to which he deflects. I follow up with a strike from my other blade, but he redirects it downwards. I try to stab at him, but he mimics my deflection.

He strikes at my core but after I deflect that one as well, we wind up going into a brief flurry of clashes with our blades. The sequence appearing with me spinning my 2 ended blade almost as fast as he's doing upward swings towards me.