Chapter 10: The Factor of Fear

(Believe it or not, I've been wanting to release this for a while now. Thank you all who've been supporting me so far.)

Michiru

W-What...

What is...

What is this thing?

I don't know what a Demon is supposed to appear or feel like beyond the Fallen Angel, I haven't been around them long enough.

I was able to at least stand my ground against him...

But this...

My fur stands on end just by looking at it!

Don't even get me started on how he talked...

The head looks made of burlap, but it's like a rabid jack-o-lantern with the orange glowing eyes and mouth. He emits some form of dark maroon-peach gas from his mouth, as if it were his breath, and even emerges from his eyes slightly. The rest of his form are raggedy brown garbs over his chest, ladled with several black feathers like from ravens, and stitched brown pants, both are several sizes too small. A hangman's noose looms on his neck. On his right hand, he possesses some form of sickle, like a reaper in the wheat fields.

It called itself...

THE SCARECROW

Hate to show any form of support for it, but the name is almost too fitting.

Cato, being held up by Scarecrow's left hand against the ground right now, attempts to bravely kick at him with his armored boot.

CLANG!!

Scarecrow used the metal sickle to block his attack.

"Adorable."

He bashes our friend in the head with the hilt of the weapon, drawing blood from the wound, and slams him in the ground.

"GAH!" He exclaims as the wind is almost knocked out of him, Scarecrow kicks him, flinging him further away and making him spin like a ragdoll. "GUH!!"

"CATO!" Me and Nazuna exclaim.

We both try to run towards him, but Scarecrow is already there, pummeling him into the ground. Cato has his arms up, trying in vain to defend himself against the merciless barrage this malicious being is delivering.

The way he's trying to bash our friend's head in, it's so brutal...like someone who's trying to deal as much damage as possible yet is just doing it so barbarically.

We try to stop this, but in a sudden wave of particles reminiscent of his maroon-orange gas and visible heat rays...

VMMMM!!!

"Not so fast, children..."

A-Another one?!

A COPY??!!

"No more big brothers to protect you now."

How is it even doing this?!

This thing isn't even a Demon!

Scarecrow 2 summons another sickle from some kind of void while the Scarecrow 3 wields a similar one with chains, spinning it to where it hits the ground, causing sparks to come off. Scarecrow 1 keeps pummeling our friend, much to our dismay.

Oh...sh-

Before I can finish mentally cursing to myself, Scarecrow 2 lunges towards me, I hold up and bulk up my gorilla arms to compensate for the impact. It forces me back like it's nothing, and I just about witness Scarecrow 3 backhanding a blocking Nazuna away.