chapter 9 birth and graduation

~Kiara's POV~

It's been a month since prom and now it's time for child birth. Dr. Cullen and Sue were happy to be my doctors for this, as everyone else waited in the living room.

"Carlisle, Sue, it's okay to be scared right?" I asked.

"Of course, it's natural for your first time. But you dont have to worry, you're not alone." Sue answers.

"Would you like for me to get Faith?" Carlisle asks, I eagerly nodded.

Flashing away, he returns 10 seconds later with Faith.

"Hey, Kiara, I'm right here." Aunt faith soothes me as she got behind me on my bed and rubs my back.

"What if something happens, Faith. What if I turn out like mom and my kid grows up with Jeremy? I can't do that to my baby." I sob.

"Listen to me, just breathe. Nothing will happen. You are going to be an awesome mom. And, I will always be there for you. I wasn't there for you when my sister was giving birth to you, but I am here now. I won't leave, not again." Aunt Faith said, soothing.

"Okay, sweetie, you're at 10. When I tell you, you need to push as hard as you can." Sue says.

Following instructions, I had to push 20 times. I was so tired, so exhausted, I thought I was going to pass out. But I held on strong, I had too. Not just for me, but for my baby, and Jeremy. After almost 2 hours, I finally heard a baby crying.

"Is he okay?!" I asked panicked.

"She is." Carlisle answered, wrapping a pink towel around her. "It's a girl."

"She's so beautiful." Sue comments as she wiped my forehead.

"You did great." Aunt Faith told me, over and over.

Feeling myself calming down, Sue went to the bathroom.

"Can I hold my baby?" I ask.

"Once you wake up and she's done getting cleaned up." Faith says.

"What do you mean by wake up?" I asked.

"Once a priestess gives birth, her powers need to recharge, so your body will fall asleep for a few hours. It's absolutely normal." Faith answered.

"Will you hold her while I sleep. I want Jeremy and I to see her together." I say to her.

"Of course. I'll get her once Sue is done. Then get Jeremy in here with you so he can watch over you." Faith replies as I started to fall asleep.

~ Jeremy's POV ~
It's been two hours and Carlisle still hasn't let me see Kiara or the baby. I'm nervous that something happened, but their heartbeats are keeping me calm.

"I'm sure they are washing her now." Rosalie said as we heard water.

"Why can't I see her?!" I replied frustrated as Esme pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sure everything is fine." She said.

"If it wasn't, I'd be panicking." Han replied.

It wasn't long after, Aunt Faith comes down and motions for me to follow. We enter the bedroom and I find Kiara asleep. Faith explained her powers are recharging, so I was relieved.
I grabbed a shirt and underwear then put them on Kiara. Knowing she'd want us to see our baby together, I'll wait.

About 3 hours later, Kiara began to stir.

"Hey, my pretty kitten." I say, greeting her.

She turns her head to see me laying next to her.