Chapter 29: Dark Dark World

Eijiro walks alongside Naruto, Hinata, Yamato and the big dog. As the four suddenly feel a presence behind them Eijiro smirks as his eyes glow it light hue of Red.

"Naruto, Hinata, Eijiro, you know what to do?"

Hinata nods. "Yes, sir."

Naruto grins. "Yeah."

Eijiro huffs. "Of course."

They all quickly turn throwing shuriken behind them as they jump back Eijiro taking a defensive position in front of Naruto as the person lands on the ground.

"What? It's you." Naruto recognizes the person first,

"So, you sensed me coming, did you?"

Eijiro glares. "Kabuto Yakushi. Rather bold if do say so myself. Approaching us in this manner."

"I just wanted to have a little chat with Naruto."

Yamato glares readying his wood style. "You won't escape. We're taking you in."

"Hey, Kabuto, I bet you would know. Where is Sasuke now?" Naruto asks.

Kabuto laughs at Naruto's question as Eijiro's glare grows colder and ever more present. "You're still all about Sasuke, Huh?"

Eijiro chuckles for a moment. "I keep saying it. #NaruSasu. Though, they say Sasuke killed Orochimaru. Is it true?"

"Yeah, it's true alright. But more importantly, I brought you all a present, a little something I thought you'd might like." He pulls from behind his robe a small book and shows it to the group getting inquisitive looks from the rest of the group.

"What's that?" Naruto asks.

"Intelligence our organization managed to gather regarding the Akatsuki."

"So what about it?"

Kabuto smiles. "It's yours now. You can have it all."

"Orochimaru's dead now. So you're trying to negotiate with Konoha, is that it?" Yamato asks, clearly this has shaken him.

"No, I'm not so foolish as to think that Konohagakure would be willing to negotiate with the likes of me."

"Then explain. The Akatsuki aren't after you. So why would you help us against them? "

"It's simply a gift for Naruto, a token of my gratitude. After all, the Akatsuki is pursuing you and those Uchiha twins.

"Gratitude?"

"Yes, that's right. When lord Orochimaru died I lost sense of my identity again, of who I was. I never knew my parents or homeland. The enemy took me into their custody when I was very little. I was used as a spy since I was a child, moving around from country to country, village to village. For a long time, the idea of home was alien to me until I became Lord Orochimaru's disciple. And now it's gone again." He tosses the book forward into Eijiro's hands as Eijiro takes a quick glance down at the book before looking right back up at Kabuto. "The Pain of not knowing who I am, of being without an identity, you understand it well, don't you Naruto?"

"I don't want to understand anything that you'd say." Naruto says.

"Huh, are you sure? Who are you really? Are you Naruto Uzumaki? Or the Nine-Tailed Fox? I know you were shunned and despised in the past. You must have questioned your identity and who you were meant to be. But you had faith in your strength and told yourself that you were Naruto Uzumaki. You forged your own identity. In doing so, you overcame the cold stares meant for the Nine-Tails."

"What is he doing? What does he want with Naruto?" Hinagata whispers.

Yamato shakes his head. "I can't figure it out either."