Chapter Sixteen: This Fire

With a sigh, Sadao sits in bed, recovering. He hates this, having to sit on the sidelines, everyone else gets to go and do things, whereas he's stuck in bed. Hikaru's on a mission with Anzu and Karin, his sister recovered faster than he did, and now he's here alone, for the first time in years, alone. The sound of a battle above finally gathers his attention. He makes his way up, his speed hastening when he hears the distinct sound of a Chidori.

'No, no, no!' He thinks to himself, arriving at the door to see Sasuke and Naruto headed at each other with powerful Hutus.

"Stop it!" Sakura yells rushing past Sadao to try and stop the fight.

He stumbles forward collapsing down as he does so. He reaches forward, luckily a hand clasps onto each of their extended arms and throws Sasuke and Naruto into two water towers.

"Kakashi sensei!" Sadao beams seeing the jonin save the situation.

"What do you two think you're doing, up here?" Kakashi scolds. "That was a little intense for just a sparring match, wasn't it? What's wrong with you two?" Kakashi steps forward, as Sasuke grins seeing the difference in damage to their respective water towers. "What were you thinking? Were you really giing to kill him, Sasuke?" Sasuke looks up, Kakashi sitting there looking down at him, Sakura hurries over helping Sadao who lifts himself off, though with much struggle. "You've really got to watch this sense of superiority you have. That Chidori, it was not the size you'd aim at a comrade from the leaf village."

Sasuke glares at Kakashi.

"Sasuke." Sadao speaks looking up at Sasuke. "What would you have done, had you killed Naruto? How would you explain that to the village elders? To Tsunade? To me?"

"Why would I explain it?"

"You would've killed your teammate, a fellow genin. You'd have been thrown in jail, likely stripped of your rank as a ninja." Sadao now glares at Sasuke. "That's a dark path, one that Itachi walked down."

"You don't get to explain what my brother did to me."

"I don't get to talk about the man who killed my father? Who may have killed my mother, maybe even brother? The man who separated me from my twin sister, which almost caused us to kill each other! I don't get to talk to you about that?"

"No, cause you didn't know him for 6 years before he stabbed you in the back!"

"When are you going to grow up? Revenge isn't all there is to life, if you truly think that, maybe Anzu was right to call you a self-entitled brat, who doesn't deserve to kill Itachi." Sadao scoffs walking away, wounding Sasuke's pride, probably the only thing he could do right now. His pride'll be wounded further once he sees the true difference in his and Naruto's strength.

"Sadao." Kakashi calls out to the Chunin.

"What?"

"Will you follow Sasuke's goal?"

"God no, if I'm gonna kill Itachi..." Sadao turns to Kakashi, no sharingan, no red eyes, just the blank black eyes of the Uchiha. "I'll do it without Sasuke, and with my friends, Naruto, Karin, Anzu, Noda... and even you, sensei." Sadao turns away from Kakashi walking slowly through the hospital, today's supposed to be his discharge day, so if he's lucky, he'll be able to take a mission the following day.

The day passes, for Sadao, it was boring, and long, and lonely. That changed when he was called in, early the following morning, to Tsunade's office with Naruto and Shikamaru.

"Late last night Sasuke Uchiha left the hidden leaf village." Tsunade informs the two Chunin.

"What?" Sadao's eye's widen, horror filling them.