Chapter 10: Paint Hell Red

"Well, this is new..." Sadao mutters as he along with every other genuine stand in front of a large gated forest, he eyes it with concern and some worry.

"What is this place?" Karin asks.

"This is the location for the "second exam", the 44th training field. Also known as the forest of death." Anko smiles cheering gleefully.

Sadao's eyes widen. "So it is real..." he mutters. A moment later Sadao turns his head seeing a square box of stone. He sighs letting Naruto deal with it.

"Hey, Konohamaru! What do you want?!" Naruto shouts.

"Just what I'd expect from the man I respect! Good job on figuring it out!"

Sadao watches the carnival before shaking his head and begins counting Ninja tools with Karin and Hikaru.

"Hey, over there! What are you doing?!" Anko asks Naruto and his idiots.

Naruto turns to her. "Konohamaru here is asking about an interview for the class newspaper."

Anko groans. "Oh, I forgot Lord Hokage was mentioning something like that."

"Still forgetful like always, auntie..."

"You were never better!"

Sadao feigns betrayal. "How dare!"

"All right! Take a ten minute break! Starting now! For those being interviewed resign yourself and be courteous."

"Whats this all about?" Sasuke asks standing next to Sadao.

"Big Brother Naruto! I'm depending on you."

Naruto grins. "All Right!"

Sadao stares him down as he walks off with the kids before glancing towards Anzu making it noticeable as he spots her looking towards Anko with something in mind.

Anko sighs stepping forward. "Alright. Ten minutes have passed." Everyone meets back up staring down the forest.

"There's something kind of creepy about this place." Sakura mutters.

"Heheh. This place is called the Forest of Death, you'll soon realize why."

""The Forest of Death, you'll soon realize why." That kind of threat won't work on me one but! I'm not scared!"

Anko grins mischievously. "Really?"

Sadao's eyes widen. "Oh not that face..." he mutters. "Naruto what horror did you unleash on us?" Sadao says fearful.

"You've got a lot of energy." She throws a kunai cutting his cheek before being caught by Anzu. "A kid like you dies at the very beginning. Dripping with the red blood I like." She licks the blood off his cheek when she feels water hit her face. "Gah!"

"Down, auntie." She looks up spotting Sadao holding a spray bottle before both pull a kunai and hold it towards a student from the grass village holding one towards them.

"I'm returning your... kunai."

Anko smiles softly. "I thank you for taking the trouble... but don't stay behind me. If you don't want a quick death."

"Well, it's my nature to act up at the sight of red blood. And my precious hair was almost cut so I got excited..." Sadao stares the woman down not giving her an inch. "I'm sorry."

"Evidently we've got a lot of hot blooded kids this time. This'll be fun. Well, before we start the second exam, I have to pass this out to you!"

"A consent form?" Sadao asks having been handed the stack of papers.