十一

<Chapter eleven>
|𝐆𝐡𝗼𝐬𝐭𝐬|

"𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘?"

"𝙸𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎?" They gasp.

"𝙸𝚃'𝚂 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙶𝚄𝙼𝙱𝚄𝚂!" They scream.

"AHHH!!!" Mikey yelped, throwing his tablet far, while covering himself with a blanket. He started whimpering out of fear.

"Mikey, are you alright?" He hears a feminine voice.

He pops his head out to see you with Leo and April on your side.

"Uh, what 'cha watching, Miguel?" Leo asked.

"Oh mi Gosh. Oh mi Gosh!" Mikey stood up from his pillow fort. "I was just watching my favorite can-stacking channel."

"Can stacking...Ok..." April glances at you confused.

"...what is it?" You ask.

"It's a thing. There's this one supermarket stock boy. He builds forts, towers, national monuments!" Mikey exclaimed showing the child's channel to you.

"Yeah. I see his channel has... A like." Leo deadpans.

You snicker quietly.

"I would've liked it twice if I could." Mikey grins. "Anyway! He's at the store after hours, and...YOU GOTTA SEE IT!"

Mikey tapped on a video saying 'The Gumbus'. The video starts with a glitch, slowly showing a little boy.

"𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚠, 𝙸 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚕𝚕" He turned his flashlight on.

"𝙾𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝚋𝚘𝚢: 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙻𝙰𝙳𝚈 𝙻𝙸𝙱𝙴𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝚃𝙰𝙲𝙺! *𝙲𝚁𝙰𝚂𝙷* ...𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘? 𝙸𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎?" He turns his camera towards an aisle.

A can rolls around. A rattling sound was heard, making the boy yell in fear. He started panting heavily. The screen glitches again. You hear the boy scream, dropping his phone. The screen almost goes to normal showing the boy dragging himself away from the darkness.

"𝙸𝚃'𝚂 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙶𝚄𝙼𝙱𝚄𝚄𝚄𝚄𝚄𝚂!" He yelled, leaving an echo as he was taken away.

"𝙱𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚞𝚋𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚎!"

"What the actual fu-"

"Whoa!... What's a Gumbus?" April asked.

"It's a ghost that haunts the Stock & Shop!" Mikey explained, hugging your waist tightly.

Leo slightly glared at his bother, but decided to shake it off.

"Oh. Pfft- There's gotta be a simple answer." Leo threw the tablet behind. "Earthquake, magnets, giant prankster mice. There's no such thing "