ᴏɴᴇ

*Rusling*

'What's that noise?' I thought to myself. "I need to hurry up and find that uniform before someone sees me," A voice says. "urghhhh... This lid weighs like a ton. Try this on for size! Mya-ha!" Just then my vision was blocked by blue flames. "F-fire?!" I say falling out of whatever I was in.

"Now to grab the goods..." I look up to see the voice belonged to a grey cat-looking creature with fire coming out of his ears. "What?! You ain't supposed to be awake!" the creature yelled upon seeing me. "A talking...cat?" I say backing up. "How... How DARE YOU! I am no CAT! I'm Grim, sorcerer extraordinaire! Tch. Whatever. You...human! Just gimme your uniform, and be quick about it!" The cat monster said as he had his paw out.

"And if I don't?" I ask. "If you don't...you're gonna regret it!"blue flames then rose from the ground behind him. "Please someone help!" I yell backing up more."Hey, come on now! I'm on a busy schedule here." More blue flames appeared.

I quickly stand up and run out of where ever I was. "Hey don't run!" yelled the cat monster. I kept running until I ran into a room with floating books. "Man if this is a dream, I'm ready to wake up." before I could go any further blue flames blocked my path.

"Foolish human! Did you really think you could run away from ME? Now, unless you wanna get burned to a crisp, take off that-" the cat creature then got whipped. "Me-YEOW! That hurt! What gives?" whined the monster.

"Consider it tough love." said a man with a crow mask on. "Ah, I've found you at last. Splendid. I trust you're one of this year's new students? My, were you ever eager to make your debut. And bringing a poorly trained familiar with you? That is a clear violation of the school's rules." The man was interrupted by the cat creature. "As if I'd serve lowly humans! Now lemme go!" The man then got closer to grim picking him up in the process.

"Yes, yes. Rebellious familiars always say that. Do be quiet for a bit, won't you?" the man then covered the monster's mouth. "mmmrph!" the cat creature tried to talk but couldn't. The man then turned towards me and said, "Dear me. Of all the students I've dealt with, you are the first with temerity enough to open their own gate and step out of it. Does the very notion of patience elude you? No matter. Your orientation has already begun. Let us return to the Mirror Chamber." The man finished.

"Student?" I ask. "You awakened in a room full of gates, did you not? All of the students here at the campus arrived by passing through such gates. Although typically the students have restraint enough to wait until I open them before waking up." He said. "I think something blew the lid off mine..." I say glaring at the monster. "The culprit appears to be that familiar of yours. You're the one who insisted on bringing it, so curtailing its behavior is your responsibility. But now is not the time for such prattle. You have a student orientation to attend! Go on now. Make haste." he said turning around.

"Um, before I follow some rando' tell me where I even am," I say crossing my arms. He turns around to face me looking me up and down. "Hm? Have you not fully regained consciousness? The time-space teleportation must have added your memories... Well, these things happen, I suppose. I shall explain it to you while we walk. Truly, my magnanimity is boundless." He then smiled and started the walk away. I follow but keep my guard up.

We walked out to what seemed to be a courtyard. The man cleared his throat as he continued to speak. "This is Night Raven College-" before he could continue I say, "College?! But I haven't even graduated high school yet!" He looks at me confused. "High school? Your condition seems worse than I expected. Either way, please let me finish. Nrc is an institution for students from the world over who demonstrate a rare aptitude for magic. It is the most prestigious academy of its sort in all of Twisted Wonderland. And I am Dire Crowley. Having been entrusted with its care by the chairman, I serve as headmage." He finishes.