𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓒𝓾𝓹𝓲𝓭 𝓒𝓸𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓮𝔁

The Cupid Complex

The Cupid Complex

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

Once a year on Valentine's Day, Jeon Jungkook is allowed to be among the humans to watch love in action. As the immortal son of Cupid, he is tasked with doing so until he comes of age on his twenty-fourth birthday, and can inherit his father's job of being Cupid. Jungkook never expects to fall in love, and find someone that he would give up everything - including his immortality - for.When his father finds out, he is enraged and curses the both of them. Jungkook becomes a mortal who forgets everything about who he was previously. Traces of his Cupid power remain though. As one of the seven members of BTS, Jungkook is still able to enchant people with his voice and looks. One day Jungkook crosses paths with her again. Then chaos ensues.Because falling in love might be the destruction of both their worlds all over again.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

4everSherlocked

╔══════════════╗

Q1.How did you come up with the title for your book?

A1.I wanted it to have a clever title that would stick out. As I toyed around with different titles, the word 'complex' kept sticking out in my mind. The title "The Cupid Complex" has a dual meaning. Not only is using the word 'complex' another word for a preoccupation on a certain thing, but it's also a term for an apartment building which is where this novel ends up taking place later on. 

Q2.What was the trickiest thing about writing characters of the opposite gender in this book?

A2.The trickiest thing about writing characters of the opposite gender is being authentic. Writing the opposite gender involves a lot of music video/behind the scenes video watching to figure out how they talk and act. I also pull a lot of inspiration from what I've seen on television or read in books.

Q3.If you could be a character in this book, who would you be?

A3.That is such a hard question. I feel like Ame would be a fun character to be though. I'd probably choose her if I had to pick one. She has a lot going on in this story, and I mean - she's quite the lucky girl after all. 

Q4.What are the essential characteristics of a hero in this book you can root for?

A4.I would have to say honesty and loyalty.

Q5.When you're writing an emotional or difficult scene, how do you set the mood?

A5.Normally I put on sad music to help set the scene in my head prior to writing anything down. I also write the entire chapter through without editing it at all the first time through. I try to picture how I would feel going through the emotional scene and just pour everything out onto the page - cheesy or not. When I go back and edit it before I post it online, that is when I tighten it up. 

Q6.How many hours a day do you write?

A6.It really depends on the day and what my schedule looks like. My writing time can be anywhere from 2 hours or so to 6 or 7 hours.  

Q7. Does writing energize or exhaust you? Or both?

A7.Writing energizes me. I've been writing since I was little, and it has always been something that I find relaxing. Writing for hours on end is an escape for me. I love to read, but there's just something different about being able to create your own world to escape into. 

Q8.Have you ever killed off a character your readers loved?

A8.Yes. It has hurt me just as much though since I have created the characters. However, sometimes it is pivotal for the scene, and sometimes the death isn't always what it appears to be. 

Q9.How do you process and deal with negative book reviews?

A9.When I first started to post my writing online, I used to shut down at the negative comments. I learned to stop caring about what people say after awhile because I was letting them take the joy out of something I liked. Just like in life, you're not going to make everyone happy. The important thing to answer for yourself is if what you're writing makes you happy. If the answer is 'yes', you can't let anything or anyone get you down. Write for you. That is enough. 

Q10.What advice would you give to a writer working on their first book?

A10.I would say to just go for it! I understand that being worried about posting that first chapter is a real struggle, but it's a natural part of the whole process. It pays off sometimes to take a risk. You will never know if you don't take a chance, so you need to just do it. Believe in yourself. 

╚══════════════╝

Thank you so much 4everSherlocked for sharing your thoughts with us and I'll hope I will see more of your masterpieces... thank you for dedicating your time to us!❤

With this I'll take my leave and will bring my new guest with me next time!

Nyeongan Fam!💚