𝓕𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰

'Falling'

'Falling'

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

❛ I can save you from this life, but only if you marry me. ❜ ━ in which a girl's family loses all their money so a man comes along to offer them help.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

@HOONSTHETIC

╔══════════════╗

Q1. How did you come up with the title for your book?

A1. Falling sort of has two meanings. The first inspiration is that Miyoung (the main character) "falls from grace" after what happens with her family. The second inspiration is that she is falling in love with Seungwoo. ❤

Q2. What part of the book was the most fun to write?

A2. I wrote the book about two years ago so it's kind of hard to say what was the most fun (I've honestly forgot most of it), but I will say my most memorable experience writing it: The ending! It wasn't the ending I first intended, but cried while writing it (happy tears) and the final lines really hit me in the heart.(PS: Mine too! the ending was emotional)😭

Q3. Which of the characters do you relate to the most and why?

A3. I think I relate to Naeun the most. She is hard working, doesn't take anyone's bad business, and she loves her friends (Yuri, Miyoung) endlessly.(PS: she is a best friend we all need)😁

Q4. If you're planning a sequel, can you share a tiny bit about your plans for it?

A4. I was planning a sequel when I first wrote it, but I ended up writing it in a way where I didn't need to make one. I'm trying to write most 'original' fiction now. I intend on rewriting Falling to match a more original fiction, and that will then be a series!(PS: I am thrilled to read them!🤩)

Q5. What is a significant way your book has changed since the first draft? 

A5. The first draft changed a lot, honestly. I added 9 or so chapters in the beginning of the book, I was going to end it with Miyoung moving away and start a sequel of her coming back to Korea, but the final version... While I feel it needs to be deeply fixed and has many issues, it's a book many people still seem to enjoy despite all the flaws.

Q6. What inspired the idea for your book?

A6. The book was initially inspired by a Chinese drama called Well-Intended Love. Not much of what happens in the drama happens in the book, but I hope fans of the drama will give the book a chance if they happen to come across it.

Q7. How would you describe your book's ideal reader?

A7. I think the book is mostly catered to teenagers who enjoy a romance, but also a lot of angst and drama.

Q8. What was your hardest scene to write, and why?

A8. The hardest scene... Again, I forgot most of the book honestly so I'm just going to have to go with the ending. I cried a lot, listened to one song that matched how I felt suited the scene. My eyes were red and puffy, but end rush of adrenaline when you finish a book... I'll never get over that feeling.

Q9. How do you process and deal with negative book reviews? 

A9. I don't get negative reviews. Maybe I got lucky. But the biggest comment that did get to me was "When will you update?". I always got those comments, especially just after I posted an update. It made me feel like the reader didn't value the hard work I put in to write and they saw me as a robot that can write endlessly.

Q10. What advice would you give to a writer working on their first book?

A10. What advice would I give a writer working on their first draft? That's a hard one to ask, haha! I guess... Have a basic understanding of how you want your story to go. Don't force yourself to follow blueprints, just let the character lead your hand (and words) as they navigate their life and situations until you find yourself at the end of the tunnel that is their life (your story).(PS: may that have encouraged a lot of authors!)❤

╚══════════════╝

Thank you so much @HOONSTHETIC for sharing your thoughts with us and I'll hope I will see more of your masterpieces... thank you for dedicating your time to us!❤

With this I'll take my leave and will bring my new guest with me next time!

Nyeongan Fam!💚