𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓻𝔂 𝓜𝓮

Marry Me

Marry Me

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

♡𝙲𝙾𝙻𝙻𝙴𝙶𝙴 𝙰𝚄♡"𝙸 𝙼𝙰𝚁𝚁𝙸𝙴𝙳 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙱𝚄𝚃 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝙳𝙾𝙴𝚂𝙽'𝚃 𝙼𝙴𝙰𝙽 𝙸 𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝚈𝙾𝚄."

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

jisungiespace

╔══════════════╗

Q1.How did you come up with the title for your book? 

A1.Actually 'Marry Me' is my first ever book and it has an enemy to lover plot. The main characters were forced into an arranged marriage which both of them disliked especially Jisung, the male lead. But at the end of the story, Jisung asked Soojin, the female lead 'Will you marry me?'. They accepted their fate, their marriage and fell in love. As, this whole story is revolving around a marriage. I think the title 'Marry Me' suits the story.

Q2.What was the trickiest thing about writing characters of the opposite gender in this book? 

A2.As I am a girl, writing a boy's feeling is little hard. In this story, writing Jisung's character was hard because he has many feelings working at the same time. For example, there was a moment when Jisung was confused about his feelings for Soojin although he was dating someone else. Boys think in a really different way from girls so I took some help from my guy friend.

Q3.If you could be a character in this book, who would you be? 

A3.Although I am a girl, I would like to be Renjun. He is the heartbroken character in the story and went through a lot of hard times only because he likes Soojin. Everyone already knows what the role of a second lead is. I said I want to be him because I want to feel what it is like to love someone truly like Renjun although there is pain. Moreover, Renjun is a very nice guy, he always takes care of people around him. He also likes to draw just like me. So, I would like to be him.

Q4.What are the essential characteristics of a hero in this book you can root for? 

A4.At first, Jisung acted very badly towards Soojin. Because of his so-called girlfriend, he did not believe his best friends too. Later, he did realise his mistakes and tried to mend them. At the end, he had a character development and his hate towards Soojin changed into love. As a hero, he loves his friends very much as we can see the bonding between Jisung and Renjun remained the same although he knew Renjun had feelings for Soojin. Often, he showed his caring side for the female lead. He showed respect towards to the elders. And in many aspects, we can see his role as a hero.

Q5.When you're writing an emotional or difficult scene, how do you set the mood? 

A5.Writing an emotional scene is quite difficult so, whenever I am writing that kind of scene, I listen to some relaxing music, sad songs and kdrama ost. They help me to get into the mood and express the moment in a better way.

Q6.How many hours a day do you write? 

A6.I don't write daily because of my busy life. If I decide to update a chapter I will write the chapter on that day itself. It will take me around three hours to complete it properly. Sometimes if I'm unable to write it in one go, I divide my time and write whenever I am free.

Q7. Does writing energize or exhaust you? Or both? 

A7.I made writing my hobby and it does energize me. But sometimes, it also exhausts me when I remember I need to write another chapter after a long busy day. But I stopped pushing myself in that way and write whenever my mind is clear and I feel relaxed.

Q8.Have you ever killed off a character your readers loved? 

A8.No, I don't have a character that needed to be killed.

Q9.How do you process and deal with negative book reviews?

A9.Till now, I didn't receive any negative book reviews. Everyone praised me and that kept me going. I'm thankful to my readers for loving my works.

A10.What advice would you give to a writer working on their first book?

A10.'Marry Me' was my first ever book. I was nervous and it's completely normal. I always thought whether people would like my story or not. I will say to a new writer who wants to write their first book that you should write with love. Never force yourself too much. At first, you will make mistakes but if you keep writing you will get to know so many new things and words, you will find your own style that will make you unique among other writers. My advice is that whatever idea comes to your mind, you just write it down in a notebook. In this way, your ideas will be in one place and you can use them at the right time. 

╚══════════════╝

Thank you so much jisungiespace for sharing your thoughts with us and I'll hope I will see more of your masterpieces... thank you for dedicating your time to us!❤

With this I'll take my leave and will bring my new guest with me next time!

Nyeongan Fam!💚