Chapter 38: Holiday Part. 3

[Y/N] had been slightly annoyed by the lack of information that had been provided to him, while he couldn't interact with the Overwatch team at the grand opening for the Zurich headquarters, he had been brought along to meet a 'VIP' and that was all the information that he had currently. Many hours had gone on by now, [Y/N] saw this as an intimidation tactic, trying to make him anxious, but it wouldn't work, but someone was asking for 'Doomsday' to come out treating him this way...

Looking around the room, each of the security guards each had blank expressions, or scornful ones towards [Y/N], which further annoyed [Y/N] until he couldn't take it anymore. In a genuine threat, [Y/N] told the guards in the room, "If I'm not taken to this 'VIP' that I'm supposed to meet right now, I can't promise you all that I won't get really angry." This cold statement quickly put all the guards on edge, they knew exactly what [Y/N] was capable of and didn't want to be on the receiving end of one of his 'rage-induced rampages'.

Yet, the guards didn't need to respond as a voice quickly spoke from a speaker in the centre of the room, "Sounds fair enough, I've had you in this room for quite a while now, I think it's a good time to actually meet..." A brief amount of chatter was held between the guards as they all raised their weapons, commanding [Y/N] to follow them. [Y/N] was utterly confused, but something about the voice, it sounded oddly familiar...

Through winding corridors and hallways, up a few flights of stairs and eventually towards the top of the large compound, [Y/N] was escorted by ten or so guards, to a large metal door, which slide open as they made their way towards the room. As the door opened, the room appeared barren, no person in sight, as the guards funnelled into the room, taking defensive positions. [Y/N] looked around the room for a brief moment before his attention was gained by a harsh and stern voice from the corner of the room. "Would you enjoy a drink [L/N], or does your biology prevent you from feeling the inebriating effects of alcohol?" A large and broad man asked, his back turned away from [Y/N] as he poured himself a drink, before he turned and moved towards [Y/N], sitting down on a plush sofa opposite the boy. In-front of [Y/N] was none-other than Lex Luthor, biggest funder and advocate for Overwatch and someone who [Y/N] instantly didn't like.

[Y/N] spat out, "Are you the 'VIP' that I am supposed to be meeting, wasting my whole day?" However, this was only responded to by a small chuckle from Luthor, putting [Y/N] on edge for some reason he couldn't explain. "Is that the way to talk to the person who created you [Y/N], or, more accurately 'Doomsday'?" [Y/N] had red alerts going off in his head instantly, even considering turning into his alternate form as soon as he had heard those words, however, he chose another route. "What... Did you just say." The question sounded more like a threat rather than a question yet Luthor wasn't intimidated, "Well while Bertron was accredited with the majority of the scientific progress that helped you evolve to the position you are now, it was entirely based upon my research. [Y/N] [L/N], you are my greatest creation."

"I don't think you realiSe how much you shouldn't be telling me this, you know what happened to Bertron, I'm sure you know what I did to Slade, and I'm certain you know about all the dead bodies I've left in my wake I assume you sent after me." However Luthor calmly responded, "And I couldn't be more proud of how successful you have been, you sure did a number on Mr Wilson, but he has been making a steady recovery, I'm sure he will be back to fighting shape sooner rather than later..."

[Y/N] glared at the man, "Bullshit, I flattened that psychopath, his blood ran dry on the facilities top-floor, he is dead." [Y/N] said, but he couldn't help but feel some doubt, he was sure he killed him, but what if he was still out there... Lex responded, "I created you didn't I? Your healing ability is so advanced there is only one actual way to harm you, what makes you think I couldn't replicate it..." [Y/N] thought about this statement for a second, attempting to catch Lex out, "If you could just simply replicate it then where are all the other 'Doomsdays' running about, huh?" Yet, this was only accompanied by another slow laugh from Luthor, "I'd watch what you say [L/N], who knows, what you may be saying might not actually be so farfetch'd..."