Volume I - Chapter V

The Schnee's Family private landing strip was a hive of activity. There were gunships and bullheads flying in and out, their engines roaring as they transported goods and personnel to and fro. The ground crew was busy guiding the aircrafts in while making sure that everything ran smoothly. In the midst of all this was a sleek, white airship with the Schnee Family crest emblazoned on its side.

Weiss stood at the bottom of the boarding ramp, her face expressionless as she watched the bustle around her. She was wearing a simple white dress and a light trench coat, her hair pulled back into a low ponytail. By her side was Klein, her loyal butler who had been with her since she was a child.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you, my Lady?" he asked, worry etched into his features. "Your father can be quite... difficult to deal with."

"No, Klein." She shook her head, her voice soft and gentle. "I need to do this on my own. Still, thank you for your concern."

She grab his hand and give it a reassuring squeeze before turning and walking up the ramp. She paused at the top and looked back at him, offering him a small smile.

"I'll be fine," she said. "I promise."

With that, she turned and walked into the ship, the ramp closing behind her.

-----

The interior of the ship was just as luxurious as its exterior. The walls were pure white, adorned with paintings and tapestries. Thick, plush, blue carpets covered, muffling the sound of footsteps. Crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling, their light reflecting off of the polished surfaces.

A pair of maid met her at the door and offers to take her luggage. A wave of her hand dismissed the offer before she tighten her grip on her suitcase, following them down a richly decorated hallway. She passed several doorways, each leading to a different room of the ship. Finally, they came to a stop in front of a pair of double doors.

One of the maid use a card to open the door and then stepped asside, gesturing for Weiss to enter first.

She walked into a large and extravagant bedroom suite fit for a queen. A giant bed dominated one corner while an adjoining bathroom took up another. A dressing room was located off to one side and a small sitting area with a table and chairs was situated in front of a large window that looked out over the city below.

She set her suitcase down on the bed and turned to look at the pair.

"That will be all," she said quietly before she dismissed them with a wave of her hand. "Thank you."

They both curtsied before retreating from the room, the door sliding close automatically behind them.

Weiss stood there for a moment longer before finally letting out a sigh and collapsing onto the bed. She stared up at the ceiling, her mind wandering back to a time when things were simpler. A time before that fateful night, a time long before she was forced to take on the mantle of the Heiress.

She remembered the first time she had been taken into this very same trip. She must have been no more than seven years old at the time. Her father had been so proud of her, bragging to anyone who would listen about his daughter, his darling little princess.