I pulled her in for another hug and really just took comfort in that embrace. So much has gone on in such a short span of time, and I really thought last night was going to be the start of good things, but now, I'm at a loss. I don't know what to think of anything anymore.
Except for the fact that Sarah has to be dealt with. She and all her 'comrades'.

Mavis pulled back to look at me, "This is really bad Adrianne, we need to do something about this. What can I do?"

I spaced out for just a second, trying to figure out just how much she knew. As far as I know, James only knows about what happened with Sarah last night. They don't know about the bigger issue of the whole sacrifice thing.

And for a moment, I considered telling her.
But what would she actually be able to do?
At this point, what could anyone actually do?

All she'd do is just worry.
I can't tell her. I shouldn't.

"I'm so sorry about Sarah. But I don't understand. Why would she try to hurt you?"

I sighed.

"There's so much more Mavis."
And then I got into a long, not so detailed explanation of all the weird events that somehow seem to be revolving around this mystery shadow figure that is Sarah.

****

"As much as I have enjoyed your hospitality Alphas, I must leave now and head back to my pack. There is an emergency, and my presence is required immediately."

Damon and I were in his study going over updates and possible sightings of Sarah and her cohorts. All had amounted to nothing so far. We weren't even surprised.

We didn't even know what kind of enemy we were on the lookout for, let alone how to fight it.

Sorayah had entered after knocking slightly at Damon's open study door.

I knew she would have to leave sooner or later, but I really wasn't ready for her to leave just yet.
But I knew I couldn't be selfish. Her pack needed her.

On the up side though, I knew she and Evelyn had been able to figure some stuff out in terms of protection spells. It wasn't permanent though, but it would have to do for now.

Damon stood up to shake her hand.
"We're grateful for your time and help. I'll have my gamma get you back to your pack along with the packages that we agreed upon."

Packages? What packages?
Sorayah looked a bit surprised as well, but it was a pleasantly surprised look.
"You're too kind, Alpha. Thank you."

Damon simply gave her a curtain nod.

"I do have something I need to inform you of."

Oh no.
This didn't sound good.
"Please don't tell me it's bad news." I literally wouldn't know what to do to handle all this anymore.

She shook her head slowly.
"It's not bad news, don't worry," She smiled at me. "Actually, I was taking a walk around your territory, and I felt a presence."

Both Damon and I tensed up at this. A presence? Did she? Has she been able to locate Sarah?

"Not that kind of presence, " She stayed calmly as though she could read my mind. Wait, can healers do that?
"I felt nature spirits."

"A nature spirit? Like a healer?" Damon asked her.

She nodded.

For a moment, that possibility seemed so lost on me, but then I remembered a tiny detail I was told a few days back.
"Aliyah." I whispered, not completely sure of myself.