Twenty-Seven

A/N: Yes, I will be leaving dumb memes in the headers on new chapters unless a new character's being introduced. Considering how many OCs are already in this fic (Kazue, Katashi, Iwata/Tecton, Aerogale, Fueki, Hamasaki, Furuya, Chisaka, and Takibi), there's not going to be that many more.

Took forever to write this chapter, istg.

Also, if you don't know the names of all of Izuku's Quirks, they're going to be listed but not described later in this chapter. Spoiler alert.

~-~-~-~

"Um... Kimura-kun? What are you going to have me do today?"

Midoriya's voice broke Kazue out of his momentary trance. He blinked once, his hand cramping with the speed at which he'd been writing, then slowly raised his head to look at the shorter boy.

Right. He'd almost forgotten.

"Endurance," Kazue replied, all the while berating himself for becoming too focused on one topic to the point where he couldn't multitask. "Start with laps. Maintain one and a half percent for the first five, then lower to one for five more, and half for the last five."

Essentially, it was like a ladder progression for weights in reverse. Rather than start light with many reps, then gradually increase every set while reducing reps, Midoriya would start big and end small with the same number of reps each time.

As an added bonus, it would force the other boy to be able to maintain control of One For All while changing its power percentage.

Midoriya, ever the dutiful student, just nodded determinedly and ran off to begin his laps with green lightning in his wake.

Not even four seconds had passed when the doors to the gym opened and in stepped Kazue's roofmates. Furuya was in the lead, the confident one leading the two girls into unfamiliar territory. He wasn't scared of anything, despite the fact that he possessed roughly as much strength as the average adolescent child.

Kazue could feel Midoriya's surprised gaze flick back and forth between himself and the newcomers while he continued to run at a slightly elevated rate. The brunet, however, simply ignored his first student in favor of striding over to his new students.

"Yo, Shamrock, who's broccoli boy?" Furuya wasted no time in asking rather loudly. Midoriya almost tripped over his own feet at the... nickname? Familiarity with which he spoke? Both?

"Go introduce yourself while you run laps," Kazue replied without hesitation, having essentially created joint physical lessons up until the Sports Festival. Quirk practice would be more of a one-on-one lesson with his roofmates, while Midoriya just needed more experience and direction. "You three do ten."

Assuming he was timing it right, that would mean they'd finish around the same time as Midoriya. Kazue knew little about their physical capabilities, but it was relatively easy to estimate based on the difference in experience.

Mostly. Hamasaki would likely start off strong, due to the innate strength of her legs, but quickly run out of stamina. Chisaka was always out of breath after climbing the many flights of stairs to the roof. As for Furuya... he was a wild card. Full of energy at all times, surprisingly quick on his feet, but lacking in power.

"Ah, shit, you were serious," Furuya hung his head over-dramatically. "I'mma die, aren't I?"

"Probably," Chisaka replied, then dragged him off to the perimeter of the gym where they began to jog. "But I will first."

Hamasaki smiled awkwardly, then jabbed a thumb back at the door. "Uh, you don't think I can just... go, can I?"

"No," Kazue deadpanned, creating three separate graphs in his mind for each person in motion. Position versus time, velocity versus time, and acceleration versus time. He waited a long second before shrugging a shoulder. "If you want to do well in the Sports Festival, that is."