Ten

"Hey, brat, get in."

Kazue rolled his eyes at the typical greeting, standing at the curb beside the black car that had screeched to a stop in front of the school, the tinted passenger window sliding down to reveal the Kimura family's driver.

Fueki Shun, former leader of an underground fighting ring and a woman that owed his father roughly fifty-seven separate favors, one of which was paying him back for keeping her out of prison.

Ignoring the stares of the other students leaving and a few whispering about him being a 'rich kid' and something about Dreynen, Kazue pulled open the back door and slid into the car while stifling a yawn. He'd had another sleeping episode in his last class of the day, but thankfully, it was one of the shorter ones and had only lasted twenty-two seconds.

"So, how was your day?" Fueki asked sarcastically, both of them knowing that the ravenette didn't care in the slightest.

"Wonderful," Kazue deadpanned as she pulled away from the curb, recalling all the events of the day. For the most part and besides homeroom and who his teachers were, it was just a normal high school. Nothing special, really, meaning that he could sleep or read in all of the regular subjects since he'd already either learned it or could memorize it by absentmindedly hearing it once. "My homeroom teacher is going to be a pain in the ass."

"Want me to kill him?" the woman queried, completely serious while pulling a knife out of her sleeve.

"It's not going to get rid of a favor," the teen replied with a small snort, staring out the window. It never got old; her offering to kill anyone he so much as mentioned had irked him.

"Never mind," Fueki shrugged, putting the weapon away and doing a sharp right around a street corner.

"Stop for a second," Kazue suddenly ordered, the woman not even hesitating to slam her foot on the brake. He rolled down the window opposite him to meet the eyes of a certain boy walking home from school. "Hey, Midoriya-san," he greeted flatly. "Get in. There's something I want to ask you in private."

The green-haired teen stared with wide eyes back at him, clutching the straps of his backpack tightly. "Erm... What?" he stammered, taking a hesitant step back.

The brunet sighed. "You know I know, because I know that you were eavesdropping on my conversation with Zero Gravity," he summarized briefly, hearing a snort from Fueki before she closed the partition between the front seats and the back. "Do you want me to help you or not?"

Midoriya gingerly gripped the handle of the car like he was afraid of breaking it, pulling the door open and carefully sitting down beside Kazue before closing it. The car drove away from the curb, the shorter boy visibly fidgeting in his seat. "I... What's your name?"

Oh, right... Kazue hadn't introduced himself before telling the other guy to get in the car, rather rudely to bat. "Kimura Kazue," he said, holding out a hand that was shaken after a second of hesitation.

"Mi-Midoriya Izuku, but, uh, you already knew that, right? Are you... kidnapping me, Kimura-kun?"

Kazue squinted his eyes at the absurd question, glancing at Midoriya out of the corner of his gaze. "No, I'm not kidnapping you. You made the choice to get in, and you can leave anytime you want."

Midoriya looked away and out the window like he was considering asking to stop the car, before suddenly blurting out, "All Might told me about you!"

The brunet quirked an eyebrow at the exclamation. "He did, did he?" Kazue mused, turning his head to fully face Midoriya. "Makes sense, considering I know what he really looks like, and that I'd know he passed on One For All to you if we ever met."