Twelve

"Villain team, you have five minutes. Startinnnngggg... NOW!"

How did it end up like this? With these three, of all people? Kazue had no clue, but he was stuck with it.

He sighed under his breath, rubbing the back of his neck as he as Kaminari waited by the entrance of the battle building with the floor plans. Well, more of the blond was looking over the maps and looking extremely confused, whereas Kazue had scanned the pages and memorized the layout in under ten seconds.

"You take the lead."

Kazue blinked slowly, turning his head to look at the other boy. Kaminari grinned, flashing a thumbs up. "You're smart, right? You lead 'cause you already got the map down, and when Sero or Kirishima show or both I can-"

"You can't control it, can you?" Kazue asked rhetorically, looking up at the sky. "Your electricity, I mean, when you expel it from your body."

"EH?!" Kaminari practically yelled like he'd seen a ghost. "How'd you know what my Quirk's weakness is?!"

"It's part of my Quirk," the brunet stated bluntly with a soft snort, standing up as the last few seconds on the waiting clock started to tick down. He glanced back as he plodded towards the building. "Come on. Let's get this over with."

"Man, you're no fun," Kaminari grumbled, shoving his hands in the pockets of his bolt-adorned leather jacket. Nevertheless, he got up and followed Kazue to the battle center.

The timer hit zero.

Kazue didn't say a word, making his way over to the nearest window on the ground level and jamming his fingers underneath it. He shoved, then rolled his eyes and stepped back. "The window's locked," the teen muttered in annoyance, looking back at his partner. He'd have to use his jet boots to get to a higher level, then go all the way back down to unlock anything down at the bottom. Not the best option with the time limit that they had. Especially if he wanted to get an average grade.

"Why's the door locked, anyway?" Kaminari asked, sounding confused. "Wouldn't most buildings be unlocked during the day?"

"Yeah, but I'm guessing this is supposed to be an abandoned building," Kazue muttered, looking up at the second story. "Or one set for demolition. They don't want people getting in to prevent hazards. However..."

He used his thumbs to put a light pressure on the buttons built into his gloves, the jet boots on his feet and the stabilizer on his back humming to life. The corner of his lips curled upwards as his heels left the concrete, followed by the rest of his feet.

"Woah, dude, you can fly? That's awesome!" Kaminari grinned.

"Not really," Kazue replied, slowly increasing the pressure of his thumbs on the buttons. As far as 'flight' went, he was limited to enhanced jumps in various directions, going straight up, or leaning backwards and flying without being able to see. So yes, he could fly, but it would be difficult to maneuver properly and there was a high chance of crashing into things in an urban setting.

At that point, the brunet had reached the second floor and reached out to try one of the windows.

It was open.

Kazue looked down at Kaminari, who was standing there casually yet glancing around awkwardly. "I'll open the door and let you in. Be right back."

Without giving the blond a chance to reply (out of the sake of efficiency), he pulled himself through the now-opened window and recalled the building layout to mind. Second floor, third window from the right...

Man, it was such a pain in the ass.

~-~-~-~

~