Twenty-Three-Point-Five

Yes. Chapter 23.5 exists. Blame me re-writing the majority of chapters 24-31 to the point where a few more chapters will (probably) be added in between and-

Yeah, I didn't wanna delete the other chapters since they're all on one doc and was too lazy to change the headings. Sue me.

Kazue knew it had been coming. He just didn't know when, exactly. The brunet had been making his way through the building in the general direction of Gym Gamma after school had ended, Midoriya rambling on about some random hero he knew the name of but didn't care enough at the moment to pull up the memory.

"Kimura, come with me. We need to talk," instructed Aizawa tiredly from out of nowhere, shoulders hunched as he nudged open the door to a conference room with a foot.

Midoriya stood there awkwardly, having been cut off in the middle of his riveting analysis of the mentioned random hero's fighting style. And Kazue wasn't even being sarcastic; if he was being honest, his trainee's mental capacity for such a thing was rather impressive. If he applied that to when he actually had to fight someone else, it would give him an advantage over the type that acted without thinking.

"Okay," Kazue shrugged a shoulder, wondering how long the talk would last. He was on a tight schedule, between Midoriya's after-school training, the math homework he hadn't been able to finish in class due to having a sleeping episode—which were becoming less frequent the more he trained his Quirk—paperwork, his own training, and-

Well, you get the idea.

He pulled out the notebook filled with Midoriya's training regimen and Quirk analysis from his backpack, holding it out to the boy. "Pages thirteen to fifteen only. Start without me."

His green-haired classmate nodded with an enthusiastic smile, half-walking-half-jogging down the hall towards the gym. Ever since he'd been told about his training being planned for the next year and a half, Midoriya had tackled his training with even more gusto than before.

Kazue followed his waiting teacher into the conference room without another word or a second glance, his only reaction to the principal also present being the slight raising of an eyebrow. This... was a little more serious than he'd thought it'd be.

"Take a seat, Kimura-kun!" the principal instructed cheerfully, gesturing with a paw to the relatively long table he was sitting at the head of in a raised chair. "We'd like to speak with you regarding the attack on the USJ. Specifically, your part in it."

The brunet resisted the urge to slam his his into the nearest wall at the sheer enthusiasm in Nezu's voice. The subject was a goddamn villain attack, and he was smiling? Granted, Kazue wasn't one for expressing emotions more than the occasional twitch of a smile, being pissed off, or boredom, but still.

Nevertheless, Kazue sat down at the almost-opposite end of the table, his teacher sitting down directly across from him. It was obvious from the subject at hand why the hero would want to have a conversation, but the brunet was still questioning why exactly the principal was also there. "Okay."

Aizawa shifted in his seat, clearly having more dulled pain running through his nervous system due to the higher capacity of his injuries. "First things first," he started with a sigh. "Your Quirk isn't really Amplify, is it? Otherwise, my Erasure would have worked on you."

"Correct," Kazue affirmed, wondering if it would be offensive to sneak a glance at the wall-mounted clock. Likely, so he refrained from doing so. "Amplify was Okaa-san's Quirk. My own is a balance between that and Otou-san's."

Nezu took a sip of his tea, leaving the brunet to wonder where the hell he'd pulled that out from. "Fascinating!" he commented with a smile, leaving Kazue to drown in despair in the Pit of Enthusiasm. "Then, what would the name of your true Quirk happen to be?"