Thirteen

"So... to sum everything up, you got someone fired?"

Kazue took a sip of his hot chocolate and nodded, leaning back in his chair and running a hand through his hair tiredly. "Yeah," he sighed, not remembering the last time he'd ranted for anything more than five minutes, let alone half an hour. "I should've just said that and been done with it."

Haruma cracked a grin, opening up his laptop again and starting the report for the patrol he'd just gotten back from when the brunet had ambushed him. "No, no, that was entertaining. I don't think I've ever seen you so worked up, and I've been working here for how many years?"

"Three," Kazue muttered in embarrassment, averting his gaze to stare out the window at the setting sun. Unfortunately, he didn't get to admire the view for long due to his phone vibrating in his pocket. The brunet fumbled to grab the device, startled, pressing 'ACCEPT' and pressing it to his ear without bothering to check the caller ID.

"I AM HERE! Er, as a phone call!"

Kazue spat out his hot chocolate, pounding his chest with his free hand as he choked on the drink. "What the f- heck?" he coughed, waving off Haruma who looked ready to dive across the table and give him the Heimlich. "Did you get this number from Midoriya-san?"

"Yes," All Might confirmed. "From your business card. It looks very professional."

"It is professional," Kazue replied, slightly miffed. He'd never really understood why Katashi had gotten them for him, but now he felt like defending the pieces of paper. "Is this about my offer?"

Haruma raised an eyebrow at that.

"Would you be willing to stop by the staff room after school tomorrow?" the hero requested. "I think it would be best to have this conversation in-person."

Conversation, eh? Likely about how he knew about Midoriya and All Might's shared Quirk and how it worked. He briefly wondered if the blond knew about the suppressed power, but doubted it. Maybe he should've dug more into his iteration of the Quirk instead of just Midoriya's... "Okay."

"Great! See you tomorrow, Shōnen."

"Right... bye, All Might-san," Kazue replied, hanging up and gulping down the rest of his hot chocolate. He glanced up at Haruma, who was staring at him weirdly. "Do I have something on my face?"

"You were talking with All Might on the phone," the dark-haired man stated.

Oh. Right. Haruma was a big All Might fan and had practically had a heart attack when he'd been told that the hero would be teaching at Yūei.

"Do you want me to get him to autograph your hoodie?" Kazue offered, thinking it was the least he could do for the man.

"Do we need oxygen to survive?"

The brunet snorted, a smile curling at the edges of his lips. "Don't forget to bring it tomorrow morning, then."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

~-~-~-~

"Hey, brat, would you mind if I committed vehicular manslaughter?"

Kazue sweatdropped at his driver's question as she turned the final corner to the school, speeding up as she went. "Fueki-san," he warned, eyeing the large crowd of reporters that were starting to take notice of the car barreling down on them.

"Fine," she sighed dramatically, stomping on the brake yet somehow still managing to stop without the car screeching across the pavement. "Good luck getting through the gates, brat. See you."

Motivation - SPORADIC UPDATESOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara